Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Cheers Toon, I'll expect the ransom note!

Mardroid

I've been fortunate where imports were concerned. Where 3a stuff is concerned, I've only ever paid what I did at Bambaland store. (That's not really saying much as I've only received two items from them so far although there are 3 packages to come.) Same for a Red Dwarf Starbug playset I ordered from Japan, although the price of that item was quite a lot more than the original price in the UK, but they are getting rare now. I don't know if they incorporated tax in the price.

I've ordered plenty other stuff from China, including my latest phone, and never had any import tax issues.

Only time I had to pay an extortionate amount of tax was when I ordered a Nexus 5 phone from the US a couple of years back, and to be fair the prices were stated from the beginning. (I stupidly didn't notice the small print until I'd made the order, thinking I was getting an exceptional deal, and ended up paying WAY more than purchasing from Google UK.)

Nice phone though.

I've received other things from the US with no issues, but they were mainly cheaper items.

Generally the Chinese are pretty good at hiding their contents.

teckno viking

Quote from: Geoff on 31 October, 2016, 02:52:37 PM
Against my better judgment, I ordered one of these eagerly awaited 1/12 Dredd and Lawmaster combos from Big Bad Toys in the US.

I've loved 2000ad for many years but I never thought I'd buy one of these toys/figures/models...I blame the McMahon statues from Planet Replicas - who could resist a model based so closely on a classic McMahon image...That was the gateway drug model for me..

Anyway, I was wondering (sorry if this has been dealt with elsewhere), do these models attract import duty and or additional VAT payments?

I know comic art from the US is duty free and only attracts 5% vat.  Although the various carriers aren't always aware of this fact.   

Anyone know what the position should be with these models? and, maybe more importantly what peoples actual experience has been..?

BBTS tend to be a courier service like DHL etc. Which means you will get a bill for customs charge (You WILL get charged) probably same time or shortly after you recieve the Package. Unlike Royal Mail/Parcel Force that hit you for cash before releasing package.

teckno viking

Quote from: TheTooN on 31 October, 2016, 08:43:21 AM
From Gregory over at the 3A Forum yesterday.

"Fear and Morris feature an updated body"

Well no wonder they are replacing packaging Error.  So Morris the SIXTH Dark Judge after Kraken?

TordelBack

Quote from: teckno viking on 01 November, 2016, 10:52:27 AM
So Morris the SIXTH Dark Judge after Kraken?

"My foetid touch putss wordsss in the mouthssss of zoo animalsss...".

Steve Green

So that's why he's got a sheep's skull for a head.

teckno viking

YAY fame on Legion. Though Not sold on Greg's PR excuse.

Also Albion members, Yeah was some time I was on so, apparently glad to hear not All ThreeA fanboys on there now.
However I have Bitched and more importantly I have Modded the MEZCO ;)  I Have Five or so Mezco Modded in Hand and Have the standard 3A figures and only prototypes Dredd/Lawmaster to go by. So yes at present Wary.

Also as stated I have paid for Three Dredd and Lawmasters so Yes I am drokking peeved to see yet another delay with Nothing (No photos or Videos of production) to show for all that cash up front.

Moreso as Yet another delay would have been the Perfect oppertunity to silence folk with photos and Video of the Production Releases instead of deflecting.
However and if you went through this thread and Mezco You'll see I hope ThreeA prove me wrong

TheTooN

Several weeks to sort out the packaging problems, I bet I'll be in the US on hols when they get here  :crazy: Anyone know if you can have the Post Office hold items for you ? Seem to think its only a week before they return to sender, hope I'm wrong.

COMMANDO FORCES

From what I read in the queue while I was collecting something, you can. You give them the dates you want post held back between and they keep it for you.
Obviously you are letting someone know you are not in for that period of time!

TheTooN

Thanks CF, I'll have to check that out, its a banker they'll come 2 days after we fly and I'll see you lot posting pics in here while I'm sat in my hotel room feeling frustrated ;) On the plus side I'll get the NYCC Mezco sent to my hotel rather than home so wont be Dredd free for long. Save me a chunk of cash too !

Mardroid

I emailed 3a/Bambaland to let them know my change of address last night. (The order section of my account would not allow me to change delivery address.)

Literally minutes later I get the following reply:

We will change all the three items to your new shipping address in the shipping list:

And the Judge figures will be released within this November.

Now including Dredd, I ordered 3 judge figures... but I'm assuming they mean Fear and Mortis.

Nothing new, I know, but it's nice to have a bit more information. And personally great they responded to my change of address request so quickly!

inkymonkey

Quote from: Mardroid on 03 November, 2016, 09:09:02 AM
I emailed 3a/Bambaland to let them know my change of address last night. (The order section of my account would not allow me to change delivery address.)

Literally minutes later I get the following reply:

We will change all the three items to your new shipping address in the shipping list:

And the Judge figures will be released within this November.

Now including Dredd, I ordered 3 judge figures... but I'm assuming they mean Fear and Mortis.

Nothing new, I know, but it's nice to have a bit more information. And personally great they responded to my change of address request so quickly!

When it comes down to it, I've always had pretty prompt service from the 3A store folks, can't complain about that!

TheTooN

Agreed, 3A's CS folks have always been quick to respond to queries and have always been very helpful in my experience to date.

Banners

Indeed—they are top people, unquestionably.

But that fact just makes it more baffling as to why they think it's beyond them to occasionally send a quick email updating customers who've paid up front a significant amount of money, nearly a year ago now.

inkymonkey

Possibly opening a can of worms here, and I'm probably going to regret this, but I've got to ask  - why do folks here get so upset that there is not regular communication direct to the pre-order buyers?

I always find it rather baffling - I mean, surely folks don't think that 3A isn't going to make the toys they've run pre-orders for? That would be kind of business suicide if they did that, wouldn't it?

I do get that it's nice to see occasional updates about the figures - I regularly check the 3A sites and try to catch the news from Gregory and co., and if I miss it then there's a bunch of others who don't and pass it on - but I don't lose any sleep over any delays. I know I'm going to get those figures in the end...!