Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Quote from: Teivion on 18 November, 2009, 09:55:05 AM
Is it wrong for me to worry about why the Judge Hershey had such a large Cod Piece? :o
Id put money on the first piece being a Carlos Dredd, then an ABC....
Lady bits need protecting too :)

I suspect the line up will run fairly similarly to previous lines. Cool though a DR and Quinch would be I'd guess they would be remaindered fairly swiftly. Looking forward to whatever  is released though.

Mike Gloady

DR & Quinch, Ace Garp, Bill Savage, Harry Exton - all great characters that I can't see selling as toys.  Shame.

I need a Halo and a Dante to pose in a faintly disgusting manner please. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

ThryllSeekyr

With removeable clothing made from real fabric :P, and clicable acessories.

wild-seven

I would definately buy Dante and Jena, Halo and Shakara. Oh and Ro-jaws please
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Steven Sterlacchini

Nothing sells toys like an animated series.

Would any ABC toys link in with the possible series, it would make sense financially.

Steven

Mardroid

Sigh. I just hope they don't cost as much as those zombies.

COMMANDO FORCES

I have a feeling that they will be £40 plus at the very least

TordelBack

While there isn't a chance in Hell that I'll be able to afford even one of these, let alone a putative 1/6 scale Killdozer(!) fro them all to ride around in, I can't help thinking that the idea that Ashley Wood The Famous Comicbook Artist would launch a line with someone else's version of a character is a wee bit optimistic...

Still, I'd sell a regrowable limb for a Gene the Hackman.  He can scrap my Attack of the Clones Acklay 'til it's time to go to the farm in the country with Old Man Gary.

Jesus Christ, it's just sunk in that there could be a Nemesis one day.  A NEMESIS! -faints-

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 17 November, 2009, 07:03:37 PM
What we need is this:-         NOT

What is that?? Why do I want it so much? Is that for real? I really, really, want one!

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

Yes it's for real SBT, it came out near the film and cost then  :o£129 :o and that's roughly the price it goes for now. The costume is okay but the figure is poo. They might as well have used an Action Man as they are many times better than the figure here.

I think I paid about £100 (you know what I'm like) on ebay and they still pop up now and again. There was a couple for sale the other week.

SmallBlueThing

See- cost again. There's no way I'd pay that. What I want is some 5"/6" action figues that I can buy for about £7.99 each, for my kids. I don't want 846 points of articulation, because the bits snap off after five minutes of play (remembers that hideous Johnny Alpha from years back) or go all bendy and look ridiculous in the toybox. As long as the head moves, the arms move and bend at the elbow, the legs and knees move and it twists at the waist, and is a fairly good sculpt, I don't give a toss. And more to the point, they don't fall apart after the boys have bashed them together a few hundred times and chucked them "off cliffs" (our top landing).

SBT

Mardroid

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 November, 2009, 06:20:15 PM
I have a feeling that they will be £40 plus at the very least

That'll be out of my range then. I agree with SmallBlueThing, although I wouldn't be getting them for my kids. (Well, maybe the one inside, haredy har.)

ThryllSeekyr

I've noticed the drop in quality with the Johhny Aplha figure from Reaction. The only Johhny Aplha figure that has been made, not including the statue, I thought I saw somewhere.

It's definitely a attempt to give the Reaction figures more articulation.

I'd swear it's different type of figure from the others.

The little Hands also keep falling off. I gotta be careful with that.

They should just make rubberised statues rather than action figures. Well sculpted and painted of course.

It's not like I actulley get them out and pay with them.

They are just there for show.

I figure if they use rubber, a good quality rubber that is hard, without being brittle. That won't break as easily.

Of my American Eagle action figure. It's foot broke off after it fell off one of the larger speakers next to my computer monitor. I thought it might because that part of the leg was the most brittle. Perhaps, it was factory second or it's just commmon practice to make them that way.

Right, now it's still standing with the help of some blu-tack.

COMMANDO FORCES

You can't beat this Alpha with his mutated head ;)

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 November, 2009, 09:07:42 AM
I've noticed the drop in quality with the Johhny Aplha figure from Reaction. The only Johhny Aplha figure that has been made, not including the statue, I thought I saw somewhere.

It's definitely a attempt to give the Reaction figures more articulation.

I'd swear it's different type of figure from the others.

The little Hands also keep falling off. I gotta be careful with that.

Thrylly, the Johnny Alpha "action figure" isn't an action figure at all. It's a loose collction of small plastic bits, like a 3D jigsaw, designed to explode as soon as you take it out of the box.

I haven't dared take my Durham Red out in case she likewise reduces to her component child-choking parts.

Seriously, I remember as a kid watching a Newsround report on the testing of Star Wars figures for their general appropriatness for kid-play. The shot of a middle aged, aproned, factory worker woman, gnoshing down on See-Threepio, trying to yank his legs off with her teeth has stayed with me into adulthood. There is no bloody way Johnny Alpha would pass similar tests. It's potentially deadly and I don't know how they got away with it.

Mind you, the same can be said of nearly all the "new" Star Wars figures as well- memorably described on another forum as having "the quality of cracker toys"- and all of which fall apart after two minutes. My original Threepio, from circa June 1978, is still in one piece.

I thank that middle-aged robot-biter, wherever she may be.

SBT