Main Menu

Harry 20 (years later) on the High Rock?

Started by Tweak72, 26 November, 2009, 08:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Punny names?

Dan Abnett?

That PJ Harry 20 is great.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: worldshown on 26 November, 2009, 10:58:33 PM
didn't Tony Lee once say that he considered having Harry 20 as Raider in Stalag 666?

He did, until I sent him that envelope full of poo, and then --strangely-- he changed his mind ...

Eep! I've said too much ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

flip-r mk2

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 26 November, 2009, 08:48:14 PM
I know I'll be shouted at, but I think it's one of the worst series in Twoth's history (that wasn't written by M Fliesher or starred Tao De Moto).
A swift kick to the balls for Mike.Cracker of a picture from PJ nice one mate.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Noisybast

Incidentally, I enjoyed Harry 20 when it was first in the comic but I felt it had become quite corny by the time it was reprinted in the Meg, especially all the joke names like Swede 16 and Root 66.

Let's not forget "Big Red 1"...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Bolt-01

I remember reading the Tony Lee thing too, but Iirc, Tharg veto'd it as it was too soon on from Malone, the Vort etc.

Personally I'd love to see a sequel- however I don't think we will.

Al Ewing and PJ would be my choice for creators as well.

Dunk!

Swede 16. Oh. Just got that.

Still not as bad as my only getting Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein recently.
"Trust we"

Kev Levell

Quote from: Dunk! on 27 November, 2009, 01:59:59 PM
Still not as bad as my only getting Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein recently.

Sometimes, I'm ashamed to say, things just need to be pointed out to me - this is another of those occasions, thanks for sharing Dunk - you're not alone.

brendan1

I loved Harry 20! So looking forward to re-reading it in my latest batch of e-bayed progs

Writer: Mr Rennie
Artist: Erm......how about Alex Ronald? He's back!

TordelBack

QuoteSwede 16 and Root 66

Bangs head off wall.  Why it take 25 years?  Why me so dumb?

Paul faplad Finch

I read Harry Twenty for the first time in the Meg reprints and absolutely loved it, even if some of the science was ever so slightly dodgy.

I even used it to convert a then colleague to the wonders of Twoth. Him being a huge Prison Break fan at the time.

As for a sequel, I'd love to see it. Even if it would kill my ridiculous dream of one day writing it myself. Oh the plans I had.

And I never got the names either.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Woolly

A new Harry 20 series seems like a no-brainer to me. A truly classic thrill that could only benefit from a more modern style of storytelling (if you know what i mean!)

Notch up another vote for Al Ewing and PJ.

Paul faplad Finch

I'm not sure if I thiink any of the current 'name' writers realy jump out at me as being the obvious choice to write this. A few years ago Id have gone for Gordon Rennie but these days I'd probably plump for Dan Abnett, if only becuse he's shown himself capable of telling good stories with old strips without disrespecring the originals. Flesh and the VC's being prime examples.

Art wise I'd like to see it in the b/w slot with something akin to Patrick Goddards Savage work. Grimy and dark.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Emperor

Reading the first page it seems people are referring to a picture of Harry 20 by PJ Holden - is this imaginary or does it exist somewhere?

Quote from: Noisybast on 27 November, 2009, 10:18:22 AM
Incidentally, I enjoyed Harry 20 when it was first in the comic but I felt it had become quite corny by the time it was reprinted in the Meg, especially all the joke names like Swede 16 and Root 66.

Let's not forget "Big Red 1"...

I still don't get this. Anyone care to explain?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Pete Wells

QuoteReading the first page it seems people are referring to a picture of Harry 20 by PJ Holden

I own it!!!

Emperor

Oh wow, that's great!!

PJ gets my vote for Harry 20: The Long Stretch or whatever it'll hypothetically be called (Or perhaps take a leaf out of Ripping Yarns book and go for: Stirring Porridge?).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+