Main Menu

Drokking Hooray - New Case Files, Stainless Steel Rat, Complete Al's Baby!

Started by Dash Decent, 06 December, 2009, 08:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

*jawdrop*

Well, now I'll just have to do an update for Reprint This! since the Rat and Al's Baby are on the schedule.  Happy dance!!!

Grant Goggans

(Sorry for the double-post; missed the editing window.)

The 320-page listing for Heroes and for SSR may just be a default, because there certainly aren't 320 pages of SSR - just about 200 or so.

Dark Jimbo

When exactly did the Megazine start? Was it just after Necropolis? Just trying to gauge a rough idea of the contents of Case Files 15 and 16, and wondering when exactly this becomes a factor.
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

Apparently the Case Files will be split 50/50 with prog/Meg stuff, but ideally, CF15 should just focus on the immediate post-Necropolis stuff like Nightmares, Death Aid and Better the Devil You Know - plonking America right in the middle of that would be a bit jarring.

I'd say if necessary delay the Meg stuff until 16.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: radiator on 06 December, 2009, 01:19:53 PM
Apparently the Case Files will be split 50/50 with prog/Meg stuff, but ideally, CF15 should just focus on the immediate post-Necropolis stuff like Nightmares, Death Aid and Better the Devil You Know - plonking America right in the middle of that would be a bit jarring.

America was not technically a Dredd strip though, was it?

I suppose exactly when the Meg stuff starts will be dictated to some extent by the fact that it'll need to be contemporary to the prog stuff one way or another in time for Judgement Day, which a) needs to all be in one volume and b) will need to make sense.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mike Gloady

The first meg went on aale around that time.  I remember buying it rather well.

America, despite when it appeared, seemed to me to be a pre-Necropolis story - that most major Dredd-history is covered and it's hard to believe several weeks/months of the city being run by the undead monsters from another dimension who attempted to off the entire population wouldn't get a mention.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 06 December, 2009, 01:30:46 PM
America was not technically a Dredd strip though, was it?
No, it wasn't.
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 06 December, 2009, 01:30:46 PM
I suppose exactly when the Meg stuff starts will be dictated to some extent by the fact that it'll need to be contemporary to the prog stuff one way or another in time for Judgement Day, which a) needs to all be in one volume and b) will need to make sense.
What? They're going to rewrite it?

Also, good stuff on Al's Baby and more Case Files. I'm also a bit disappointed not to see Anderson 2 on the list yet as I'm absolutely loving the first one at the moment.
We never really die.

Grant Goggans

Wow, considering how many copies of the DC/Rebellion Anderson book that Tharg must have given away for letter writers, it's surprising how many people (okay, two) have been saying how they're enjoying seeing those stories...  :-*

It's a really good list.  I'll be passing on the Rogue Trooper omnibus, but otherwise I'm planning on buying everything on it.  Tharg's droids do good work, don't they?

radiator

QuoteAmerica was not technically a Dredd strip though, was it?

No, but I've always assumed it will be included in the Case Files as over the years it's become quite significant to the overall chronology, and it's sequels decidedly are Dredd stories and will definitely be included.

As for the list, I'll probably end up getting everything except Harlem Heroes and possibly Stainless Steel Rat...

QuoteWow, considering how many copies of the DC/Rebellion Anderson book that Tharg must have given away for letter writers, it's surprising how many people (okay, two) have been saying how they're enjoying seeing those stories...

It's all down to completeness for me - I will happily leave the DC Rebellion Anderson book and the recent Shamballa collection on the shelf, but the complete Case Files style Anderson immediately becomes a must buy.

Emperor

On the thread for trades you'd like to see I mentioned the Stainless Steel Rat but knew it was never going to happen. Well shame on me. It has big crossover appeal so I wonder if that might be a bit of a hit, especially considering how very good it is.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Delighted, what a fantastic list.
I'm also slightly saddened that the stories in the Case Files will no longer be new to me though, Better the Devil You Know was my starting point with Dredd.

maryanddavid

Stainless Steel Rat is great news, Shows Rebellion are willing to spen a few pound on getting the right to print stuff, not the stuff they own. The Belardinelli Dare would be great as well, and where is the cCasefile of Meltdown Man and Return to Armageddon?
Wonder if Mike Carroll had anything to do with the SSR collection, I know he had put a lot of work into getting it off the ground a while back.

David

Jim_Campbell

I said it on another thread ... the problem with Belardinelli's stuff is that the stories are often quite weak.

OTOH, a massive phonebook with say, Dare, Flesh 2, Inferno, Blackhawk and Meltdown Man would -- I think -- be a much easier sell as "Look: a massive book full of brilliantly mental artwork". Obviously, Ace Trucking and Slaine are taken care of elsewhere ... maybe you could shoehorn "The Dead" in there, but I wouldn't push for Mean Team or Moonrunners, since I don't believe either showcase Belardinelli at his best.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

maryanddavid

QuoteDare, Flesh 2, Inferno, Blackhawk and Meltdown Man would -- I think -- be a much easier sell as "Look: a massive book full of brilliantly mental artwork"

Come on Jim, Inferno and Meltdown Man are brilliant, they push all my 2000ad buttons, I'll give you Flesh 2 and Blackhawk though, (the original in Tornado was great, maybe that would be worth a reprint) weak sequel stories. The first Dan Dare as far as I know has never been reprinted, and has a decent story too, but, to be fair, I'd probably read Martins Marvelous Mini if it was drawn by Belardinelli!

David

Trout