Main Menu

After The Pit

Started by stacey, 09 December, 2009, 03:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey

I just re-read The Pit and thoroughly enjoyed it all over again, if not moreso.  I'm sure I remember one of you lovely guys telling me there was a follow up or another story bout DeMarco and Guthrie and co and I can't find the thread. Can someone point me in the right direction.  I want to hang out with those guys a bit more!

Goaty

Judge Dredd: Doomsday....

radiator

The direct sequel is Beyond the Call of Duty, though there's a whole load of stories that follow on from The Pit. If you have the resources, try and get hold of the following, in this order (check Barney for prog numbers/details):

Statue of Judgement
Bad Frendz
The Cal Files
The Pit
Sleaze
Sex, Lies and Vidslugs
The Hunting Party
Worst of Frendz
Beyond the Call of Duty
The Scorpion Dance
Gun Play

From there, things spin off into the Doomsday storyline...
Most (but not all) of these stories are in the Hamlyn graphic novels: Blind Justice, The Scorpion Dance, Doomsday for Dredd and Doomsday for Mega City One. The Hunting Party is available as a collection from Rebellion.

Sector House, in the Brothers of the Blood collection, is also very similar in tone to The Pit, and is well worth a read.

James Stacey

Guthrie is also in the "Blood Trails" and "House of Pain" Grennie story arc in the late 1400s.

radiator

Here's the one you want - you should be able to get hold of a copy of this on eBay....

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=reprint&page=gnprofiles&choice=scorpion&Comic=

Great story and all, but as it is clearly only one chapter of a much larger story (unlike The Pit, which is much more self contained) it will leave you wanting more... that's why I listed all the other stories above...

stacey

Quote from: radiator on 09 December, 2009, 03:40:01 PM
Here's the one you want - you should be able to get hold of a copy of this on eBay....

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=reprint&page=gnprofiles&choice=scorpion&Comic=

Great story and all, but as it is clearly only one chapter of a much larger story (unlike The Pit, which is much more self contained) it will leave you wanting more... that's why I listed all the other stories above...

Oooh you Star! They have that on Amazon for £2.45 so I can definitely start there! Thats brilliant, thanks.

radiator

I would get Blind Justice too - it introduces Judge Edgar, who features quite heavily in The Scorpion Dance - such a brilliant character, and one of my favourite ever Dredd villains, if you can call her a 'villain'..?

stacey

Quote from: radiator on 09 December, 2009, 03:48:21 PM
I would get Blind Justice too - it introduces Judge Edgar, who features quite heavily in The Scorpion Dance - such a brilliant character, and one of my favourite ever Dredd villains, if you can call her a 'villain'..?

They got that on amazon for 3p, so I've just ordered the both! 3p! Can't wait for them to arrive now! Thanks Radiator, and you others for replying, I appreciate it.

TordelBack

Quote from: James S on 09 December, 2009, 03:39:22 PM
Guthrie is also in the "Blood Trails" and "House of Pain" Grennie story arc in the late 1400s.

And in a Godpleton slash-fic near you!

The deMarco/Edgar collections are just superb - the Blind Justice and Scorpion Dance collections are possibly even better than The Pit, IMHO.  And 3p!  Feck!

Dandontdare

Yes, Roger Godlepeton's the man to go to for the latest on Guthrie. He's currently a dimension hopping self-loathing cyborg who can transform into a mortorbike or jet.

Apparently.

stacey

Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 December, 2009, 06:45:46 PM
Yes, Roger Godlepeton's the man to go to for the latest on Guthrie. He's currently a dimension hopping self-loathing cyborg who can transform into a mortorbike or jet.

Apparently.

Awesome!  ;D

Kudos

Has Beyond the Call of Duty ever been collected anywhere? It really is a great story, it has the feel of The Pit with the multiple story threads and a few of the same character and it introduces the fantastic Judge Roffman and the art is by Ezquerra. Another great story that reminded me of The Pit was Sector House featuring Rico, which I know was collected in the Brothers of the Blood GN.

TordelBack

Quote from: Kudos on 10 December, 2009, 02:37:39 AM
Has Beyond the Call of Duty ever been collected anywhere?

Yup, it's in Hamlyn's The Scorpion Dance collection.  And it is fantastic.

Colin YNWA

Is there a Judge Edgar collection? If not there should be.

James Stacey

Isnt that effectively what blind justice is ?