Main Menu

Morrison's Batman and Robin getting an extended run

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 December, 2009, 04:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Damnit I'm not getting this until a week on Saturday. After that how the hoopin' heck am I going to avoid spoilers now?

TordelBack

Wowza.  This really is the best Batman comic I've seen for many, many years.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Trout

Colin YNWA

Daganbbit - ok don't do what I did and read this before you've read Batman and Robin 12. Seriously it has a spoiler and not somewhere were you can just skirt round it like I naivley thought I could (the warning is at the beginning of the article so I've no complaints) BUT if you have read issue 12 this is a good interview and some interesting news that Morrison will be sticking with Batman in some form or other for the next 2 years or so now!

Seriously thought it does have major spoilers for issue 12

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26146

Richmond Clements

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trout

Richmond Clements

Seriously. I went back to it a couple fo times last night.
I am just overwhelmed by it. Can't believe I didn't even suspect this was coming!
And the set up was perfect... the speech from Batman, and when I got to the last panel on the penultimate page the penny dropped at last and the turnover was... blinking hell!
Andy Clarke must have thought it was Christmas when he read this script!

And apart from the twist, the rest of what happened was utterly astounding too.

Tiplodocus

Yeah, another fantastic episode.  I'm loving the fact that it's regular (and we are getting lots of issues without long waits). I'm loving the art. I'm loving the desnity and the huge re-readability that comes with this book.  Really class stuff.

I was thinking this today about how brilliantly written this, and the current Judge Dredd storyline are.  This here is a prime example of how to do such a reveal/twist and keep it from all but the most clued up and savvy readers. 

Dredd currently being a prime example of how you take the hoary old chstnut of two former enemies "uniting" to take down another foe and make it seem fresh (Dredd doesn't even know that he and PJ are batting for the same team at teh same time as batting against each other). 

Inga could be just another unrealistically sexy companion for a bad guy but at the end of the episode where we realise she's walked into the room and Sinfeld isn't there I found myself thinking "OMG! A trap! I hope Inga gets out of that?". She's meant to be a baddie and I'm rooting for her. Genius.

* I'm reading some old CASE FILES at the moment and, though good, they do suffer in comparison to BATMAN and ROBIN and current DREDD. But blimey, just about everything does.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

Quite apart from the #12 twist, I have to say [spoiler]secret passages under Wayne Manor [/spoiler] is just about as cool as a Batman comic is ever going to get.

- Troutbat

Christov

The Return of Bruce Wayne was fantastic. The dialogue especially, I loved how basic it was to reflect Neanderthal language, but it did not play out how I expected it to at all.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Christov on 14 May, 2010, 07:32:28 PM
The Return of Bruce Wayne was fantastic. The dialogue especially, I loved how basic it was to reflect Neanderthal language, but it did not play out how I expected it to at all.

Yeah couldn't agree more its bloody superb. Morrison is on fire at the moment further evidenced by having finally read Batman and Robin 12 just superb. Along with 2000ad at the moment Morrison's current Batman stuff is as good as genre comics get.

In case people haven't seen Morrison is also writing a story in Batman 700 and the whole if 701 and 702.

Christov

The man is inexhaustible; much like Geoff Johns (although, he is stretching himself rather thin lately, methinks he needs to cut back on writing such a huge chunk of the DCU).

Colin YNWA

Yeah he's also got a new book set within the world of Indian super warriors or some such from Dynamite and there's always talk of him developing film and TV stuff but I'm never sure exactly want.

Personally I'm really looking forward to his Multiverse book but I suspect that's been pushed back to 2011 now?