Main Menu

John Wagner Interview on 2000ADReview.co.uk

Started by radiator, 19 January, 2010, 02:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Colin YNWA

Even in interview the man just leaves you intrigued, excited and wanting to know more! What a great tease of an interview that was.

Van Dom

Love that teaser about PJ Maybe, that made me smile that did...
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

TordelBack

And more Ratfink!  I'm not sure whether I'm happy or scared!

Fantastic interview, one of the best of the relatively few Wagner ones I've read.  Fascinated by his thoughts on Dredd's mutant reforms.  I'm glad he doesn't see Dredd's age as a pressing concern, and I applaud his attitude to Rennie and Ewing, and to fan creators.  

Steven Sterlacchini

Robin Low

Very good interview, I thought, both questions and answers.

Regards

Robin

Steve Green

Great interview, and nice to hear his thoughts on fanfic etc.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Doctor Alt 8

Mikey

He does interviews like he writes Dredd - there's so much more going on that simply what is said.

Good work!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mike Gloady

Brilliant little interview there.  I agree, Mikey - he leaves so much unsaid but it's perfectly clear what he means.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

PsychoGoatee

Very cool interview, Wagner is the best.

I'll say, personally I'm disappointed that Wagner is done with Judge Death. Like I've mentioned, I'm a big fan of the character, and it's been over six years since his last appearance.

That said, I do hope another writer does bring in Death and run with him like he suggests. Maybe in a couple years. And hey, Judge Death is on the cover of prog 2010, not that it really indicates anything, but well, I like seeing the guy.

James Stacey

How much of the Judge Death stuff was written by John anyway? Necropolis obviously but hasn't a lot of it been written by Alan Grant. It tends to be Anderson more than Dredd dealing with the Dark Judges.

John Caliber

I think the very first J. Death story: Judge Death--was written solely by Wagner (aka John Howard).

The character certainly has mileage left in him. Offhand, I can imagine half a dozen scenarios as yet unexplored by the comics, posing J. Death with some intriguing new challenges (and yet which also stay true to his basic character--no watering down of his penchant for uberviolence towards all that live).
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

mogzilla

i think i remember him saying somewhere he was fed up with how the character had got more comedic (in a black way) look at the batman crossover for instance the frazer irving tale in which anderson got binned off a block was a return to form but it soon degenerated into parody in the follow up story ....i was almost relieved when he was cast into purgatory...

and we've still got the other three knocking about.