8 (47.1%)
It was the worst thing I have ever read
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Grant Goggans

Quote from: vzzbux on 09 February, 2010, 09:37:02 PM
Arsom is an arsom word, we want more.

V

Are you listening, Tharg?  Is this a Quaxxanian synonym for scrotnig?

Mike Gloady

Um, I liked it.  Bisley's not my favourite artist, but he managed well enough (although well done to Wagner & Grant for giving a REASON why everyone looked like they were going to a metal gig - THEY WERE).  Nice character moments in there worked well.  The only thing I'd say against it would be it was the beginning of the end for being able to take Death or Mean Angel seriously as characters.

This is what I get for being away all day.  You save up all the "excitement" and have it in my absence.  Gits.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 09 February, 2010, 11:21:16 PM
This is what I get for being away all day.  You save up all the "excitement" and have it in my absence.  Gits.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: enouth said
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

bluemeanie

Reading this thread is like reading A Clockwork Orange

p.s. Judgement on Gotham rocks. Biz is the man.

Richmond Clements

QuoteBiz is the man.

Don't make me come over there..!

the_Zomboid

the one page that stands out for me and still makes me laugh my ass off is when we get to see what Judge Death is really afraid of :)
simon bizley still is one of my fav artists but seeing Batman and Judge Dredd together and being drawn by the biz just blew my mind (i was alot younger ;) ). great story

bluemeanie

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 10 February, 2010, 09:38:03 AM
QuoteBiz is the man.

Don't make me come over there..!

You dunt skare me. I gotz arsum fytin skilz ... an ting.

Professor Bear

It was alright, but I recall having higher expectations given the quality that Wagner and Grant had managed on their brief Batman partnership (a highpoint for Batman runs at the time), and they wrote one or two Dredd tales that were alright, I suppose.
I always just assumed they watered it down so it wouldn't be a tug of war with DC on the editing front and it eventually became something light-hearted and insubstantial.

And RAC doesn't get to comment - he had the chance to take one for the team and we wouldn't have judged, but ohhhh no.  It's not even like breath mints are that expensive or hard to find, either.

John Caliber

I'd give the first Batman/Dredd 'team-up' 2/5 for the story, and 4/5 for the teaser image of the eagle about to enter combat with the bat (if my memory serves me).

I preferred the Cam Kennedy team-up 'Vendetta on Gotham' (entirely for the art--I'm a massive Kennedy fan) and 'Die Laughing', which I viewed as a 'second go' at 'Judgement on Gotham', more entertaining in every respect, (and focusing much more on MC1 than Gotham).
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Richmond Clements

I'm never going to allowed to forget that, am I..?

uncle fester

Quote from: Professah Byah on 10 February, 2010, 10:47:48 AM
And RAC doesn't get to comment - he had the chance to take one for the team and we wouldn't have judged, but ohhhh no.  It's not even like breath mints are that expensive or hard to find, either.

:-*

I thought Judgement on Gotham was great. The collected volume with Die Laughing is also one of my favourites. Jason Brashill and Jim Murray's stuff on that was amazing too.

Anyway, back to his Lordship, what did/n't you do??

Richmond Clements

Quote from: uncle fester on 10 February, 2010, 12:39:35 PM
Quote from: Professah Byah on 10 February, 2010, 10:47:48 AM

:-*

I thought Judgement on Gotham was great. The collected volume with Die Laughing is also one of my favourites. Jason Brashill and Jim Murray's stuff on that was amazing too.

Anyway, back to his Lordship, what did/n't you do??

Come to HiEx and find out!

Mike Gloady

Do I get to back OUT of going to Hi-Ex now?  I don't care how arsom Rac thinks it'll be..... 

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 10 February, 2010, 02:14:20 PM
I don't care how arsom Rac thinks it'll be.....  

Why is everone copping my spelling of arsom  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Mike Gloady

You're a meme-breeding machine, Cybs.  Better get used to it.