Main Menu

2000AD Podcast #19

Started by bluemeanie, 11 February, 2010, 08:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweak72

My fav bit was when Flint was brought a beer by his wife who the offered to drink the beer for him

Flint: "No, you can't take it away and drink it for me"

Mrs Flint: "Well, I wouldn't want it to me a bad enhancement to your ability to talk."

Flint: "I talk more when I have had a beer."

Mrs Flint: "... I know."

Comedy gold.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Richmond Clements

Rob Williams's Punisher Max: Get Castle is more than worth a look.

bluemeanie

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 15 February, 2010, 10:51:18 AM
Rob Williams's Punisher Max: Get Castle is more than worth a look.

Oh HELL yeah.... already got and read it. The Punisher in the valleys? Good call!!!
I'll see if I can get Mr Reid's approval

bluemeanie

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 14 February, 2010, 07:27:20 PM
Was going to mention that but a parent run has prevented me finishing listening to number 19.

You saying our words of wisdom arent suitable for a car full of kids??   ::)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: bluemeanie on 15 February, 2010, 11:34:10 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 14 February, 2010, 07:27:20 PM
Was going to mention that but a parent run has prevented me finishing listening to number 19.

You saying our words of wisdom arent suitable for a car full of kids??   ::)

There're not suitable in public at all.

What I choose to do in my own home however...

Pete Wells

Oooooh, I'm just listening to it now and I got a mention, cheers lads! Your blow jobs are in the post!

flintlockjaw

Quote from: Pete Wells on 16 February, 2010, 09:29:16 PM
Oooooh, I'm just listening to it now and I got a mention, cheers lads! Your blow jobs are in the post!
Just got my blowjob in the mail! it was awesome.

;)

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

bluemeanie

Shoulda recorded the latest one last night but put it off till next weekend.
All my fault! Sorry guys.

Orlok

Loving the podcasts so far, lads.
Being outcast in NZ it's a shining light other than the one coming out of Mordor.

Have you managed to pin down Dredd's age yet? I think the old guy is physically pushing 71 being born in 2066 with the physiological age of 5(ish). That said, Jimmy Saville could still probably outpace him...

flintlockjaw

Quote from: Orlok on 22 February, 2010, 10:22:35 PM
Loving the podcasts so far, lads.
Being outcast in NZ it's a shining light other than the one coming out of Mordor.

Have you managed to pin down Dredd's age yet? I think the old guy is physically pushing 71 being born in 2066 with the physiological age of 5(ish). That said, Jimmy Saville could still probably outpace him...

I have him at 32/33 in 2099 (When the strip starts). It's 2132 in the strip...so...mmm...66 years old.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: flintlockjaw on 22 February, 2010, 10:29:25 PM
I have him at 32/33 in 2099 (When the strip starts). It's 2132 in the strip...so...mmm...66 years old.

It's actually pretty straightforward. Dredd fast-tracked through the Academy and graduated in 13 years rather than the usual 15, meaning that he was physically 18 in 2079, which has him at a physical age of 71.

Obviously, there's the matter of some fairly extensive rejuve work post-Necropolis, plus sundry bits being rebuilt or replaced over the years. Add to that the fact that some people remain pretty damn active up until their late 60s now so it's not hard to imagine that 70 in 2132 isn't much different to 50 today ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Orlok

Blimey. Nice one, Jim.
I wonder if there is a Departmental record he is breaking for his 53 years on the force.

"Jangle Jangle, Judgey Judgey..." as Judge Saville is fond of saying.

thehod

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 22 February, 2010, 10:51:33 PM
It's actually pretty straightforward. Dredd fast-tracked through the Academy and graduated in 13 years rather than the usual 15, meaning that he was physically 18 in 2079, which has him at a physical age of 71.

Obviously, there's the matter of some fairly extensive rejuve work post-Necropolis, plus sundry bits being rebuilt or replaced over the years. Add to that the fact that some people remain pretty damn active up until their late 60s now so it's not hard to imagine that 70 in 2132 isn't much different to 50 today ...

Cheers!

Jim

This is something I've been wanting to see for years (and mentioned in another thread recently) is that we've seen scant little of Dredd's exploits between 2079 and 2099. Twenty whole years. I'd love to see some of how Dredd went from the newly promoted judge, albeit a high flying one, to becoming the most feared man on the force.
He was such a tight ass in the first few progs and that was with 20 years under his belt. How tight must he have been in those first few years?
The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.