Started by Ryan Thomason, 08 March, 2010, 06:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Did you fuck with him????

Something seems to have upset Warren?

The Legendary Shark

Yar, I posted this:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Oh right, I see what I did wrong there. (?)

I'll think of something else.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The guy doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humour, does he? And an unusual interpretation of the meaning of the word "rearranging."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 March, 2010, 01:09:15 PM
(The guy doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humour, does he?)

I dunno ... did you post the same thing again after he specifically zapped your original post?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

No, I posted exactly as above (the bit between the lines).
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 March, 2010, 01:12:18 PM
No, I posted exactly as above.

So ... you posted a cover design that he disallowed (rightly or wrongly) and then you posted the same design with the original design alongside it, when part of the idea of the thread is that people work from Ellis' description without sight of the original (hence the "Chinese Whispers" element of the thread title).

Sorry, Shark, but that does seem a little bloody-minded!

Cheers

Jim

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Colin YNWA

Was wondering what coursed that 'Don't fuck with me' outburst from Mr Ellis.

For what its worth I thing your redesign of the Space Spinner into the Rosette is pretty clever.

Emperor

Trust the shark to try and ruin everyone else's fun. I'm surprised he hasn't already been melted by Ellis' hate beam - it must be living underwater that lessened the effect. As Colin says though - nice space spinner and you have an entry ready to go if we ever have a redesign the prog 1 cover here ;)

Also I think this gets my vote (if there were indeed voting) for radical reinterpretation of the brief:

http://freakangels.com/whitechapel/?CommentID=224141
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Dan Kelly

See, this is exactly why I warned you guys to have a poke around at the previous threads and tread carefully...  ::)

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Cool stone age Daredevil!

Thats really good have you dared post it?

Emperor

Nice, but I think you'd be better off hiding where Warren Ellis can't find you as he will hunt you down and kill you. Some day in the future we'll rise a glass to your memory and say "he wasn't a bad old shark and he may even have been legendary but he couldn't leave Warren Ellis alone - it was like poking a grumpy bear with a stick when the cage poor wasn't locked, and you were wearing trousers made from ham."
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dan Kelly

or worse, he'll set the arse eels on you.

(even worse than that he may shut down the thread, in which case the regulars will hunt you down etc)