Main Menu

The new 'what do you look like?' thread

Started by House of Usher, 04 April, 2010, 11:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonk

I went through a midlife crisis couple of years ago vzbx, and I went around with that same bemused though calm expression you are exhibiting in those pics, all day long and for weeks on end.  ;)

It still comes and goes evey once in a while, and I find myself at the bottom of the garden tranquilly and serenely watching the fish swim about in the pond; or just look at the stars. It helps.
coming at a cinema near you soon

The Legendary Shark

In some cultures, this is called a mid-life opportunity as it marks the time when people attain a maturity that allows them to realise that the world is not as they imagined as a youth. I like opportunities better than crises!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

I take it to mean the things you worried about before are not worth worrying about.

Gonk

Yes, or an emergency, as in something new emerging.

TordelBack

My 'mid-life opportunity' has come in the shape of becoming a house-husband, odd-job man, message board shut-in, forager and shortly to be declared bankrupt barring a miracle (and I don't believe in those). I'm not very impressed, I preferred the younger richer thinner me, he was cool (actually he was fucking miserable, the new me is much happier, most of the time). 

Spikes

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 March, 2012, 06:41:39 PM
I preferred the younger richer thinner me, he was cool (actually he was fucking miserable, the new me is much happier, most of the time). 

Youth is wasted on the young, and you cant put a price on happiness.

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 17 March, 2012, 06:34:38 PM
I take it to mean the things you worried about before are not worth worrying about.

Yep.

Judo

pose in my underwear? Hahahahahahaha. No. Nice try but you are not my type lol

Enjoy your midlife crisis/opportunity as it allows you to think that maybe if you had it over you would have done it all differently... When in fact the saying goes... 'If I had all the money I've spent on drink again, I'd spend it on drink...' ;) x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Gonk

I wouldn't do anything differently. I'm a firm believer in fate.

The Legendary Shark

My only regret is that I don't have more regrets.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mikey

Quote from: fonky on 21 March, 2012, 12:00:37 PM
I wouldn't do anything differently. I'm a firm believer in fate.

I can never understand why anyone says that. Never wanting to change anything ever?. If you can think of nothing you would change, you've either had a charmed life, aren't thinking hard enough or are incapable of re-evaluating experiences. Also, leaving it to all to fate is a cop out if you ask me.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Spaceghost

There's no such thing as 'fate' or 'destiny'.

It's just another fairy story to believe in like astrology, tarot cards, psychics, god, guardian angels and all that other codswallop designed to give comfort to the small minded.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

M.I.K.

[slightly ominous] They're only comforting if they tell you what you want to hear. [/slightly ominous]

Spikes

How long has Shark's avatar been moving like that?

James Stacey

Trout

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 March, 2012, 06:41:39 PM
My 'mid-life opportunity' has come in the shape of becoming a house-husband, odd-job man, message board shut-in, forager and shortly to be declared bankrupt barring a miracle (and I don't believe in those). I'm not very impressed, I preferred the younger richer thinner me, he was cool (actually he was fucking miserable, the new me is much happier, most of the time).

I mean this sincerely: that sounds great. All the best to you!