Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Political Thread  (Read 1359474 times)

Professor Bear

• Bionic Fingers
  • "Why, Black Dynamite? WHY?"
    • View Profile
    • Your Friends and Neighbors
Re: The Political Thread
« Reply #17355 on: 21 August, 2020, 10:10:23 PM »
If I was feeling conspiratorial, I'd suggest that "if anyone is likely to have dirt on Trump, it's Bannon" and say he'd cash it in for a pardon, but let's face it: we know there's no dirt on Trump that will have any effect on the tangerine bastard, and even if there was the Dems wouldn't have the guts to use it.

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Liveware Problem
    • View Profile
« Reply #17356 on: 28 August, 2020, 09:30:08 PM »
++ logos ++ stages ++ coma ++

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Liveware Problem
    • View Profile
« Reply #17357 on: 06 September, 2020, 10:36:40 PM »
It's always refreshing to see a positive news story: Several boats sink at pro-Trump parade in Texas.

Rately

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17358 on: 06 September, 2020, 11:32:04 PM »
It's always refreshing to see a positive news story: Several boats sink at pro-Trump parade in Texas.

As the wags are dubbing it - Dumbkirk!

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17359 on: 07 September, 2020, 10:47:02 AM »
Not a lifejacket between them either. As a former safety office of a sailing club, this gives me palpatations.

Rately

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17360 on: 07 September, 2020, 11:25:01 AM »
At this stage, to still be beating the drum for the man, or considering voting for him - you must be an abhorrent, hateful shite.

The man is like Teflon, just keeps going, and i'm starting to fear that he will somehow win another term. God help us all if that comes to pass.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #17361 on: 07 September, 2020, 11:50:17 AM »
538 has more or less the same odds as last time: 30% chance for Trump. The Democrats are making much the same mistakes as last time. Frankly, I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t win, further radicalising a nation. We’re in a similar space in the UK, too. Orwell must be spinning in his grave, what with people now being told by governments to not believe their own eyes and ears.

Rately

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17362 on: 07 September, 2020, 12:26:15 PM »
538 has more or less the same odds as last time: 30% chance for Trump. The Democrats are making much the same mistakes as last time. Frankly, I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t win, further radicalising a nation. We’re in a similar space in the UK, too. Orwell must be spinning in his grave, what with people now being told by governments to not believe their own eyes and ears.

I'm near certain he will find his way back in. The thought of another four years of his shite is enough to make you vomit. Would love to think that at some stage, he will be brought to book for the awful things he has done or condoned, but in all honesty, he will get away with it all.

The world is in an absolutely awful place.

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17363 on: 07 September, 2020, 01:19:47 PM »
The encouragement of racial division is appalling, as is the ripping up of the more respectable political traditions (aren't Conservatives supposed to conserve?).  But the huge, overlying question for me would most certainly be:  Do you want to destroy the global environment sooner or later?  Anyone who votes The Clown in doesn't care about imminent global catastrophe or is too deluded to believe it's real; and while the latter is less morally repugnant than the former, it's every bit as dangerous.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

IAMTHESYSTEM

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17364 on: 07 September, 2020, 01:45:48 PM »
Demographics mean white Americans still dominate the USA, so it's not improbable to see the Orange Ogre sitting in the Oval Office for another four years. You wonder if this is the trend for the next ten to thirty years, with Libertarians using fear of immigration and emphasising ethnic divisions to drive an even more gutting free-market agenda. One Labour Party member on the night of the UK's last General election said he didn't see the Labour Party becoming electable for twenty years. It was a pretty bad night for the Labour Party, and so I thought at the time it was just the lamentations of the Corbyn faithful who had lost, but it might be the stark horrible truth instead. We'll have to hope that Americans in November lead the world back to some sort of sanity.
“You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension.”

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #17365 on: 07 September, 2020, 02:00:20 PM »
Anyone who votes The Clown in doesn't care about imminent global catastrophe or is too deluded to believe it's real
The problem is the latter. Conservatives have successfully made people not believe evidence by experts. Everything is countered by idiocy on TV or YouTube. The entire US/UK political sphere is wrapped up in short-termism. Orwell must be spinning.

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

shaolin_monkey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Bananas For The Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17366 on: 09 September, 2020, 12:02:22 AM »

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Liveware Problem
    • View Profile
« Reply #17367 on: 09 September, 2020, 03:56:17 AM »
My daughter (8) made a comic and I'm proud:

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #17368 on: 09 September, 2020, 04:22:59 AM »
Heh. Oddly enough, I had a not dissimilar thought yesterday, shaolin…

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17369 on: 09 September, 2020, 08:20:20 AM »
My daughter (8) made a comic and I'm proud:

Wait, does that last panel show him hanging from a lamppost? Ace! That's one tough Academy of Law you're running there!.