Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Minkyboy

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Trout

Cheers.  :D

I just had to endure 10 minutes of hard sell over the phone from someone who was trying to get me to go and work for them. Sorry mate - you snooze, you lose.

How nice to be popular, and how strange to be in a country where jobs exist.

TordelBack

G'WAN THE TROUT!  Seize this moment of opportunity, while they still sleep soundly, ignorant of your true nature.  Enjoyed your Scots in Canadia piece.

Jim_Campbell

Oddly, the Trout is the second of my online acquaintances to move to this very part of Canuckistan in the last six months. Must be migration season...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

maryanddavid

ming

Great to hear you're having to beat them off with a shitty stick over there, Trout!

:thumbsup:

Bolt-01

staticgirl

Congratulations Trouty! I'm glad you are settling in well. I hope your family is also having a good time.

COMMANDO FORCES

Trout

Thanks, everyone. Now I just have to live up to my own hype. I've just been to sign a contract and pick up a bag full of DSLR camera equipment. Did I mention I'm a photographer now?  :lol: I'm genuinely chuckling at that idea.

I'm also very grateful to various board members for their encouragement in recent months. It's been a big upheaval but it's starting to pay off now.

Something Fishy

Oh wow!  well done Trouty! It's all coming together.  I'm delighted for you.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Trout on 29 May, 2013, 09:52:53 PM
Cheers.  :D

I just had to endure 10 minutes of hard sell over the phone from someone who was trying to get me to go and work for them. Sorry mate - you snooze, you lose.

How nice to be popular, and how strange to be in a country where jobs exist.

is the economy much better there then?

must admit it's a bit weird here at the mo, there've been loads of jobs of late in my field down here (to the extent my boss is getting frustrated he can't get people with the skills and experience he needs).  I think though that's as much to do with it being an area that has gradually pervaded all others, in all kids have grown up as intuitive users and yet in which the numbers of graduates and well skilled professionals has dropped badly in 20 years.  Crazy but good for those who do have the experience.  The new curriculum is way too late but badly needed.

Dandontdare

although it's usually impossible to get time off without months of notice, I've managed to blag enough days to go to the Green man festival this year! Didn't manage to get to any fests last year, so really looking forward to this - John Cale & Patti Smith are on the line-up, but the bands are always secondary to the experience - camping with mates and a few thousand like-minded people and generally forgetting the outside world. Bliss.

Dunk!

3 day stay in Warwick Hospital made very bearable by the excellent nurses particularly those on the 23hr ward.

Shining example of why folks should be very proud of the NHS.

Downside: it did feed my 'Women in uniform' 'thing' somewhat though.

Perv! Erm...I mean Dunk!
"Trust we"