Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Devons Daddy on 02 November, 2015, 08:27:55 AM
BECAUSE

we are booked to return to the UK for CHRISTMAS.
few days in London, then off to PLYMOUTH, whom have plenty of taxi drivers whom are into eco concerns if I recall.
that is a statement for me which makes it  worthy of resurrecting this thread.

:D :D :D :DDAMN it feels GREAT  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
We got ourselves a forum gathering in London on 19 December DD. If you are around you are welcome to join us.

Something Fishy

Nice DD.  Be good to have you back in the South West.

My son is passing through Plymouth today on his way home after an amazing couple of weeks in Wisconsin on exchange.  He says it was indeed fantastic.

Bolt-01

because... I've just been told I'm going to see the Stone Roses on Sunday June 19th.

Nice one.

sheridan

Quote from: Devons Daddy on 02 November, 2015, 08:27:55 AM
few days in London, then off to PLYMOUTH, whom have plenty of taxi drivers whom are into eco concerns if I recall.
that is a statement for me which makes it  worthy of resurrecting this thread.
They use electric cars?

Goaty

I am uncle again as lovely little nephew born on same day as my fiance's birthday last Thursday :)

The Legendary Shark

Congratulations, Goaty! May all your new nephew's dreams come true, except one.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Goaty

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Goaty on 16 November, 2015, 07:14:46 PM
I am uncle again as lovely little nephew born on same day as my fiance's birthday last Thursday :)

Congrats, Goaty!

Me, I'm happy because I have a home again after four months of homelessness. Not that I was on the streets or anything, but I really think my constant begging for sofas and spare rooms was wearing very thin with my friends.  No more lugging a big bag round everywhere, and no more sitting in pubs and cafes for hours on end just for lack of anywhere else to go.

Someday soon I will find a spot in the countryside for my mobile home and live there on my own, but right now my ensuite apartment bedroom is just the thing.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

maryanddavid

Great stuff Jayzus, good to have you own spot. Don't laugh, but have you tried the Farmers Journal classifieds? There is often small parcels of land for rent or sale cheapish that might do the job for a mobile home.

JayzusB.Christ

You know, I never thought of that. I'll get on the case asap. Thanks!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Good stuff, JBC, I'm properly happy for you.
And M&D - that is a great idea!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Devons Daddy

superb news Goaty,
when it is correct to get such a bundle of joy a sub then?
best to start just baby sitting and watching DREDD together really i would suggest.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 November, 2015, 03:49:48 AM

Good stuff, JBC, I'm properly happy for you.
And M&D - that is a great idea!

Thanks, lad. Where are you based these days? Hopefully somewhere warm and dry at this time of year?

The Legendary Shark

Still in the shed - but it's dry, warm and close to work. I'm surprisingly content here. Although I can't say homelessness is any kind of picnic, or that I'd have chosen to try living this way, I have largely enjoyed and learned a lot from the experience.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Nice one. A few days ago, I'd have paid good money to be in your position (In fact I asked a mate if I could stay in his shed). What do you do for water, cooking, calls of nature etc?