Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taryn Tailz

Something Fishy

After a pretty crappy old time with my health over the last year or two I returned to my career today.  :D

von Boom

Grand news Fishy! Someone has to pay those taxes. ;)

Something Fishy

haha very true that boomy.  Thankfully I only got 300 quid total out of the state during my months out, so after 25 years paying in, I'm in no danger in becoming one of those enemy of the state "spongers" the Tories so hate.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Something Fishy

The Legendary Shark

Great stuff, Fishy - your overcoming of recent travails has warmed me to the heart of my cockles. Fantastic news!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Cheers Sharkey!

Tordels and The Shark bringing good cheer once again  :D

Something Fishy

Week one in the new job is done. Eyes were perfect, not pain at all as long as I kept them lubiricated and it was a fantastic week.   Nice team, nice company, interesting work and I'm able to travel and work again.  It's awesome.

Something Fishy

And my spelling seems to have failed me.  Oh well  :lol:

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Something Fishy on 20 May, 2016, 08:54:00 PM
Week one in the new job is done. Eyes were perfect, not pain at all as long as I kept them lubiricated and it was a fantastic week.   Nice team, nice company, interesting work and I'm able to travel and work again.  It's awesome.

Fair play, that is indeed awesome - only a couple of months ago 'blind for life' seemed to be the prognosis, along with 'out of a job for the foreseeable'.  I'm really, genuinely happy for you; I can't even imagine what a thrill it must be to get your sight back.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

I can only echo what JBC says. Truly drokking fantastic, Fishy!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

What a brilliant outcome for you Fishy. It must be like you've been given a new lease of life 👍

Steve Green

Something Fishy

Cheers dudes, yes indeed they thought it was the dystonia that afflicted dad (and that may happen as I do have an eyelid flicker still but if so its ten years away at least but that may just be nerve damage from the infection) but it shouldn't have been painful like it was which thankfully led to the correct diagnosis in the end.  It's a heck of a turnaround.