Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dom

That's awesome, nice bit of luck there.

I've been avoiding looking at my bank statement lately because of HOW UTTERLY MISERABLE it was the last time I checked (about four months ago). I got so depressed by the sheer lack of funds that I couldn't bring myself to check it again, deciding to leave the financial side of things to the wife (who is much better at coping with these kinds of things than me and doesn't break down into a nervous worrying heap about it all). Last night she had left the latest statement on the table and I happened to catch a glimpse of the balance as I walked past, even as I tried to avert my eyes...but lo and behold.....there was a balance!! And it was pretty decent.
Wow, who knew giving up the McDonalds latte every morning and quitting ordering takeaways once or twice a week could make such a difference!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Keef Monkey

True, I cut out the takeaways (or rather reduced their frequency) and I seem to have a lot more breathing room money-wise. I still crave a takeaway constantly though!

My day has been awesome because I haven't read the prog for about a month and a half and just had an epic catch-up in bed. Its what Sunday afternoons were made for!

exilewood

Yeah..I tried the 'cutting-out the takeaways' trick & it certainly helped. Now, if I can just do something about the wine, drugs, records, books, guitars...

exilewood

..But (life is so drokking fantastic because) of..the wine,drugs,records,books & guitars.

Colin YNWA

When popping into my old comic shop on a return visit to Liverpool yesterday (World's Apart) I stumbled across a 'Liverpool Football Club - a comic strip history' talk about my world's colliding!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Legendary Shark

The sexual life of the camel
Is stranger than anyone thinks
At the height of the mating season
He tries to bugger the Sphinx
But the Sphinx's posterior orifice
Is filled with the sands of the Nile
Which accounts for the hump on the camel
And the Sphinx's inscrutable smile.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Devons Daddy

Because i have scored an all areas pass for the Singapore Barclays Open golf tournament,
i like my job a lot!I have to force myself to go and net work, drink a fair bit of wine and watch some of the best golfers on the tour. damn lifes hard.  :D
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dandontdare

Because my niece is out of hospital! She was in for six weeks, much of it under sedation in ICU. They treated the pneumonia-type symptoms pretty quickly, but the infection was in the bone of her shoulder, so they put in a port and drained it every other day. At one point they thought it was over and removed the port, but the bastard came back again. All seems to be clear now though.

She's lost loads of weight (there was 'nowt to her to begin with!) and is still pretty weak, but she (and her mum) are finally back home.

COMMANDO FORCES

Kerrin

Great news DDD! Wish her a speedy recovery from all of us mate.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Van Dom

Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Roger Godpleton

Holiday, O, A Holiday!
And the best one of the year
Dozing off underneath my sheets
While I cover both my ears

But if I wait for a holiday could it ever stop my fear?
To go away on a summer's day never seemed so clear

Holiday, still so far away
Our republic on the beach
I can't forget just how bad it gets
When I'm counting on my teeth

But if I wait for a holiday
Could it stop my fear?
To go away on a summer's day
Never seemed so clear

A vegetarian since the invasion
She'd never seen the word BOMBS
She'd never seen the word BOMBS blown up
To 96 point Futura
She'd never seen an AK
In a yellowy Day Glo display
A t-shirt so lovely it turned all the history books grey

I've got wheels, I've got cutter spray
And a healthy sense of worth
Half of me is the gasoline
But the other half's the surf
So if I wait for a holiday could it stop my fear?
To go away on a summer's day never seemed so clear
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!