Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

We were talking about this at work the other week , and mentioned that if they were to ever try to colonise Mars , these machines will be invaluable to have there. Supplies just couldn't be delivered like they do with the ISS , so having the ability to make whatever they need will be essential.
...because I hate you.

Albion

On Friday I am going to London for a presentation of the latest models of Citizen printers. It doesn't actually have much to do with me at work really but as the boss is on holiday I am going with his son who works in the office.

It's at the Hilton, Wembley.
Free food and beer and there's some football on at the stadium nearby which we also get tickets to, so I will be watching England V Montenegro.  :D

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Sideshow Bob

Thanks for all the info guys, and Rog69....
Understand the whole idea lots better now... :D
Just amazing stuff.......and astonishing technology......

Cheers..

To continue a post that I made on this thread about a week earlier.......re meeting Sean Phillips at his home and getting a tour of his studio, when my brother loaned him the Judge Dredd wraparound cover for his exhibition...
Well, Sean was delighted and we both got an invite to the private opening of his exhibition in The Brewery Arts Centre in Kendal yesterday evening.....A two and a half hour journey for me,  but really worth it....A great exhibition, some astonishing artwork and a chance to meet Sean and his lovely wife again......A really great evening,  and the exhibition will still be on when The Lakes International Comic Convention is on.....Go and have a look, it's well worth it.....and only about a 5 minute walk away..
Here's a photo of my brother with Sean beside the artwork he 'loaned' to Sean...
Cheers

And a close up of the picture itself..
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Link Prime

TordelBack

Sideshow Bob

Thanks guys...
Yes it was a great exhibition.....probably about 100 paintings / pages etc..........
Some from Seans' very early work....Judy for girls,  and other stuff like Criminal , Fatale and Marvel Zombies.......Also Dredd , Devlin Waugh along with several 'life studies' as well ( for those who don't regard Comic Art as real art )..........
Had a discussion with Sean about that,  and he said that some people refer to him as 'The guy who does Comic books'  ..........Amazing that some people see this as a 'lesser art form' for some weird reason !!
There was also some Conan The Barbarian Black & White /Ink Wash pieces,  which are absolutely amazing ( Those were Not for Sale though )......Not to mention the 6 foot high Batman piece that he has painted on the wall beside  the stairs....
If anyone is going to The Lakes International Comic Festival I'd highly recommend this for a visit, as it's only a 5 minute walk to the Kendal Brewery Arts Centre where this is held....
I'll certainly be going back for another visit....

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Link Prime

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 09 October, 2013, 12:13:11 PM
Amazing that some people see this as a 'lesser art form' for some weird reason !!

No matter how much our culture penetrates the mainstream we'll never be accepted by the establishment Bob!

Greg M.

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 October, 2013, 02:00:06 PM
No matter how much our culture penetrates the mainstream we'll never be accepted by the establishment Bob!

Nor, I suspect, do we really want to be.

Sideshow Bob

I'm actually very proud of the fact that I can call myself a 'Comic book aficionado' and a Comic artwork collector......However I can only imagine,  the frustration of artists who work in the medium, when the term 'comic book' as applied to their awesome work,  is used as a derogatory term....as if somehow this is not 'Real Art'....FFS !!
I watched a great series on Sky Arts ( Ink...Alter Egos exposed ) recently ...where a very popular, comic book artist referred to himself as an Illustrator,  precisely to avoid the derogatory and / or negative  comments...

OK, we here are a select few...I understand that, but just because I love Comic Artwork, does not mean I'm dismissive of other types of art....Like everyone else,  there is some artwork I like and some I don't, but the stuff I don't like I don't just dismiss as 'crap'.....

Sometimes ( not very often ), I'm glad I don't draw for a living.......I think I'd end up 'losing the rag' when somebody suggested my work wasn't 'real art'.....

Cheers

Ancient Otter

Random factoid I picked up about Sean Philips - he had Russ Nicholson as an art instructor.

GrinningChimera

Life is so drokking fantastic because I got my new computer! I was abit skeptical about getting one since there was nothing wrong with the old one. But I won't miss it one bit. I don't think the people next door will be too happy though, I had to move my subwoofer because the cpu fan sits on the other side which means my sub is next to me now, and I can't hear any bass at all, but the people next door (which is where it's facing) are probably getting ready to call noise control.

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 10 October, 2013, 09:51:49 PM
Random factoid I picked up about Sean Philips - he had Russ Nicholson as an art instructor.

Didn't know anything about Russ Nicholson at all Ancient Otter so I Googled him.....and what an astonishing artist...some fabulous stuff ( mostly fantasy ) on his blogsite...
Cheers

Link Prime

Bloomin cold lately.
Had a "F-ck it" epiphany yesterday morning, and so booked the first dirt cheap trip to Portugal I could find.
Heading out Wednesday afternoon, for a week.

23 degrees of sunshine await my pasty white skin and a keg-full of Superbock awaits my gut. Ahh.

Satanist

My first nephew was born today and I bought him his first prog for the day he was born!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

TordelBack

Quote from: Satanist on 17 October, 2013, 12:32:58 AM
My first nephew was born today and I bought him his first prog for the day he was born!

Congrats Satanist!  Niblings are grand things to have, and laying down that natal prog always gives a warm glow.