Main Menu

Mark Millar's CLINT

Started by Emperor, 04 May, 2010, 04:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdwessel

I have a subscription, got it in time for the relaunch -- there was allegedly a new issue solicited by Diamond last week but I've yet to see it, either in store or in my mailbox.

I like the magazine, always have, but with issues getting stretched further apart, and DEATH SENTENCE coming in its own comic from Titan, don't think I'll be renewing it. Shame, it's fantastic value for the money, when it comes out. Plus, I know some people from the Millarworld board who got burned over the "Space Oddities" thing...

djangoesque

I too am a big fan of Clint but the gap between issues is a disgrace, especially when it's 90% reprint material!, and if Kick Ass is their Dredd what will they do when vol 3 finishes?...although at this rate that will be some years off yet!!.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Link Prime on 16 May, 2013, 06:48:04 PM

Wonder if he'll include 'Jupiters Legacy' in the upcoming Vol 3 relaunch.
Would make it an attractive purchase even just for Quitely's stunning art.

Fingers crossed. This, Gibbons on Wanted for the Adsa Generation meets Watchmen via James Bond Secret Service & MontyNero/Mike's Dowling's genuinely excellent Death Sentence printed at proper comic size are the only reasons that Stevie's been staying with this.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

LorcanQ

Quote from: djangoesque on 16 May, 2013, 11:33:48 PM
I too am a big fan of Clint but the gap between issues is a disgrace, especially when it's 90% reprint material!, and if Kick Ass is their Dredd what will they do when vol 3 finishes?...although at this rate that will be some years off yet!!.

Ya i was thinking that. It's ridiculous though it could have so much potential. If they upped their submissions team and made it an anthology title with full length comics from brand new creators instead of relying on millars commercial properties. Id say itd still sell if it had good comic/movie articles in it, I'd pick it up for one. i got volume 1 of it but stuff like getting 6 (6!) pages of kick-ass in an issue is just pointless. save money by waiting for the trades and millars work works better all in one anyway

strontium_dog_90

I'm subscribed to it, and still enjoying it. But I'm missing Rex Royd.

That said, the one-off this month was pretty good. Hope we see more of those!

djangoesque

Quote from: LorcanQ on 17 May, 2013, 01:08:00 PM
Quote from: djangoesque on 16 May, 2013, 11:33:48 PM

Ya i was thinking that. It's ridiculous though it could have so much potential. If they upped their submissions team and made it an anthology title with full length comics from brand new creators instead of relying on millars commercial properties. Id say itd still sell if it had good comic/movie articles in it, I'd pick it up for one. i got volume 1 of it but stuff like getting 6 (6!) pages of kick-ass in an issue is just pointless. save money by waiting for the trades and millars work works better all in one anyway

Makes you appreciate 2000AD and the Meg even more, all original (at the moment at least) and I don't think they've ever been late!.

Montynero

Quote from: gdwessel on 16 May, 2013, 09:18:19 PM
I have a subscription, got it in time for the relaunch -- there was allegedly a new issue solicited by Diamond last week but I've yet to see it, either in store or in my mailbox.

I like the magazine, always have, but with issues getting stretched further apart, and DEATH SENTENCE coming in its own comic from Titan, don't think I'll be renewing it. Shame, it's fantastic value for the money, when it comes out. Plus, I know some people from the Millarworld board who got burned over the "Space Oddities" thing...

Did it turn up yet, dude? Hopefully just a postal delay, but if not let me know and I'll have a word.

gdwessel

Quote from: Montynero on 19 May, 2013, 09:56:06 PM
Quote from: gdwessel on 16 May, 2013, 09:18:19 PM

Did it turn up yet, dude? Hopefully just a postal delay, but if not let me know and I'll have a word.

Showed up yesterday, as it happens. Thanks!

Montynero

At last! :) Frustrating, I'm sure.

Personally, I really enjoyed the end of The Secret Service. Just having Dave Gibbons in a newsstand comic I can buy in WHSmiths makes me very happy.

Let me know what you think of the latest Death Sentence episode!