Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD GOES INTO PRODUCTION FALL 2010

Started by Cyber-Matt, 13 May, 2010, 12:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreddzilla

minus

Yeah the music could be the thing which will really F**k this up. Definitely NO METAL. And NO RAP either! I hope I never hear a bloody rap song ever again! Don't get me wrong, I've done my fair share of Venom and BDP, but I don't want it in Dredd. As for Vangelis... my god... can't think of much worse! >:(

Keef Monkey

Only watched Transformers 2 recently, and it hit me watching it that its really odd Michael Bay is considered Mr Blockbuster Explodey Action Movie, because if there's one thing he consistently proves he can't film to save himself, its coherant and exciting action scenes. Instead he should be remembered for the ludicrous amounts of fake tan he piles on his actors.

radiator

I've said it before, but I would like a grungy score by John Murphy (who did 28 Days Later and Sunshine). Failing that, a dark electronica compilation by Warp records artists would do the job. Something sparse, futuristic and alien sounding.

The type of film 'Dredd' is likely to be - gritty, bleak, lean and violent - isn't going to suit a traditional orchestral score or 'theme'. I also think the producers will have better taste than to put any metal on the soundtrack.

norse_sage

Quote from: Garageman on 25 September, 2010, 06:29:52 PM
the fact is if Stallone had not signed on for Dredd, the film would never have been made. As I said elsewhere the film was eventually tranformed into a typical Stallone vehicle from the typical Stallone template of "an innocent man accused of a crime he did not commit who then goes on the run" not as a film of Judge Dredd. It was tailored for Stallone because of his Hollywood clout.

Stallone was present at the reshoots which Danny Cannon was never allowed to be involved in after the initial production ended plus he was in the edit suite a lot  when the producers didn't like what Cannon was showing them and Sly directed the editing of the Kiss sequence which he wanted in. Stallone had more power than Cannon who was basically a "director for hire".

I would very much like to know more about happened behind the scenes of the 1995 movie.
Do you know where I could find that?

Regarding score, I hope they go stay the heck away from both metal and rap songs, as both would do nothing but date the movie horribly.
But I wouldn't necessarily want a classic orchestral score either.
Don't shoot me, but I think something akin to the "Resident Evil" score would be terrific...

radiator

QuoteI would very much like to know more about happened behind the scenes of the 1995 movie.

About the "Slap My Butt!" incident...?

VideoKidVsTheVoid

Personally, I thought Silvestri's score for the Stallone film was perfect. It's one of the things I really like about the film. I loved that reprising main theme. I know they won't, but I would actually really like it if they worked Silvestri's theme into the new film's score. I've gotten kind of fond of it and it feels very Dredd-ish to me now. The soundtrack itself was actually pretty cool too with The Cure, Cocteau Twins and Leftfield tracks. At any rate, it was pretty cool stuff at the time to a junior high school kid from middle-America.

Dreddzilla

Welcome to the boards. :)
Quote from: VideoKidVsTheVoid on 28 September, 2010, 04:23:54 PM
Personally, I thought Silvestri's score for the Stallone film was perfect. It's one of the things I really like about the film. I loved that reprising main theme. I know they won't, but I would actually really like it if they worked Silvestri's theme into the new film's score.
Could not agree with you more! :thumbsup:
Quote from: VideoKidVsTheVoid on 28 September, 2010, 04:23:54 PMThe soundtrack itself was actually pretty cool too with The Cure, Cocteau Twins and Leftfield tracks. At any rate, it was pretty cool stuff at the time to a junior high school kid from middle-America.
Could not Disagree with you more. :lol:

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 28 September, 2010, 03:44:05 PM
QuoteI would very much like to know more about happened behind the scenes of the 1995 movie.

Also known as the "cup the balls" incident.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Garageman on 28 September, 2010, 10:04:51 PM

:eh: What are you guys talking about?

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 28 September, 2010, 11:28:27 PM

QuoteAlthough some say this story is an urban legend, Sly Stallone, while making the
movie Judge Dredd, had sex with an extra, forgetting that he was still wearing
his microphone. The whole crew supposedly heard him telling the girl, "Slap my
butt." 
To add to his humiliation, the cast had T-shirts made up and wore them the next
day. They said, "Slap My Butt."

http://groups.google.ie/group/alt.gossip.celebrities/browse_thread/thread/505a1580ccf32978/ae82a372b33361ba%23ae82a372b33361ba   

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Cyclopz on 28 September, 2010, 11:37:48 PM
Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 28 September, 2010, 11:28:27 PM

QuoteAlthough some say this story is an urban legend, Sly Stallone, while making the
movie Judge Dredd, had sex with an extra, forgetting that he was still wearing
his microphone. The whole crew supposedly heard him telling the girl, "Slap my
butt."  
To add to his humiliation, the cast had T-shirts made up and wore them the next
day. They said, "Slap My Butt."

http://groups.google.ie/group/alt.gossip.celebrities/browse_thread/thread/505a1580ccf32978/ae82a372b33361ba%23ae82a372b33361ba  
Channeling ''George Takei'' OH...MY! :-[ :lol:
Think he wore the helmet while doing it? :o

PsychoGoatee

Loving all the hype for this movie. DREDD is a cool title, the girl cast for Anderson looks good, filming starts soon... nice!

Dreddzilla

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 29 September, 2010, 03:03:53 AM
Loving all the hype for this movie. DREDD is a cool title, the girl cast for Anderson looks good, filming starts soon... nice!
Hopefully we'll start to see just a small peak at some concept art.

minus

the "Slap My Butt!" incident...? :lol: the "cup the balls" incident. :o Shit, you lot really know your Dredd stuff, don't you? I was under the impression Dredd didn't have balls, as he is a clone and there is no need for him to reproduce. Looking at the photo of 'Sly' posted earlier, I'd say he was chosen as Dredd specifically for this reason.