Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD GOES INTO PRODUCTION FALL 2010

Started by Cyber-Matt, 13 May, 2010, 12:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willthemightyW

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 July, 2010, 06:38:38 AM
Quote from: doggettX on 29 July, 2010, 01:31:18 AM
Man, this is like collage all over again.

Get a grown-up to help you with the scissors.
hahahahaha. I'm sorry that really made me laugh. sorry to fly off the rails like that.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Pete Wells

Quote from: pauljholden on 28 July, 2010, 09:36:10 AM
Read the script (as found via google) holy shit that's good. A pretty much spot on dredd (certainly as written, this dredd is pretty consistent with comic book dredd) Anderson is pretty great too (with a story that cements their relationship and reminds me a great deal of city of the damned) and the plot- while being a much smaller in terms of the stake and scale - was a fantastic and worthy dredd script.

Yeah, I did too. I promised myself I'd only read the first few pages but I was gripped and read the whole drokkin' thing! It's wonderfully gritty with some excellent one liners and a fair few nods to creators and 2000AD strips. I reckon most of us are going to be happy.

The thing that shocked me was how adult the piece is - there's a fair bit sex and violence in there, not that I'm complaining!

Oooh, can't wait!

On a side note - I stupidly ventured to Sc*j*'s domain. Man, that prick makes me angry, he claims he's a fan then does his best to slag everything off. He really needs a slap.

Judge Olde

I plan to avoid the script or to read much more about the Dredd film & avoid the hype. I'd rather be blown away watching it at the flicks...

doggettX

Quote from: willthemightyW on 29 July, 2010, 09:19:16 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 29 July, 2010, 06:38:38 AM
Quote from: doggettX on 29 July, 2010, 01:31:18 AM
Man, this is like collage all over again.

Get a grown-up to help you with the scissors.
hahahahaha. I'm sorry that really made me laugh. sorry to fly off the rails like that.

College.
I meant college !

:-[

JayzusB.Christ

On a side note - I stupidly ventured to Sc*j*'s domain. Man, that prick makes me angry, he claims he's a fan then does his best to slag everything off. He really needs a slap. 

Me too; actually quite enjoyed the pig-headed lunacy of it all, and read some bits of his scripts for the first time.  They weren't quite as bad as I'd been led to believe, but I haven't seen them in their entirity, and by Christ he really doesn't want to take any advice on board.

And is that really John Smith arguing with him? surely he has better things to do.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

mogzilla

so, "dogget" what are your views on rennie's take on dredd? how did you enjoy this weeks?

mogzilla

.....plus, if garageman was the wag we'd know. the fella doesnt have any qualms about being on facebook to be hounded by certain prats so why would he on here? we have several creators grace our world even the mighty ezquerra !!!

JayzusB.Christ

Here's a nice little interview, sorry if it's been posted already.
http://www.collider.com/2010/07/23/karl-urban-interview-judge-dredd-star-trek-2-red-comic-con-shoots-next-summer-confirms-dredd/

Quoteif I went to a movie that was called "Judge Dredd" and the character or the actor who played Judge Dredd took the helmet and I would see his full face and features I would puke in my popcorn

Respect.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

doggettX

Quote from: mogzilla on 29 July, 2010, 05:03:28 PM
so, "dogget" what are your views on rennie's take on dredd? how did you enjoy this weeks?

In all honesty, I haven't bought a prog or a Megazine in a year or two...
:-[
I still buy the Case Files though. I'm up to the Oz story in 11
Anyway, Rennie wrote one of the first Dredd stories I ever saw and if he's taken over then I'm sure Dredd is in good hands.

When it comes to the new flick, I'm wondering when we're gonna get the whole 'How long will Anderson's hair be in the movie' topic ! I know it's just around the corner.

dracula1

Anderson's hair Silk Spectre long and played by the delightful Malin Akerman please
Mr. Travis! ;)

doggettX

Elizabeth Shue for Anderson !

Oh, man, she's too old now.

Why do all the cool people have to get old !
Grrr....

LARF

QuoteOn a side note - I stupidly ventured to Sc*j*'s domain. Man, that prick makes me angry, he claims he's a fan then does his best to slag everything off. He really needs a slap.

Ooooh, where is he... linky link

HdE

Quote from: doggettX on 29 July, 2010, 06:41:38 PM

When it comes to the new flick, I'm wondering when we're gonna get the whole 'How long will Anderson's hair be in the movie' topic ! I know it's just around the corner.

My only demand is that we get an Anderson who is FOXY AS ALL HELL LET LOOSE and sassy with it, true to the character.

Judge Cassandra Anderson is possibly the single most unhealthy crush I've ever had.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

DrRocka

Hello!
This is my first post. I've been a lurker for AGES, but everyone else seems to get their prog about a week ahead of me, so for some reason that stopped me ever joining, although I kept lurking which still spoilt things, so...

I'll stop talking right there.

Anyway, in a further oxymoron I just saw the Peach Tress script, and am frankly over the moon. That's how it should be done, I reckon.

I actually forget what it was I meaning to say. Oh well. I'm out of fags, so I'm gonna nip to the garage. Anyone want owt?
Never ever bloody anything ever

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.