Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD GOES INTO PRODUCTION FALL 2010

Started by Cyber-Matt, 13 May, 2010, 12:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRocka

Couldn't find cake, so I got you a kebab and a copy of Razzle.
Well, it IS Friday night.
Never ever bloody anything ever

JOE SOAP

Quote from: HdE on 29 July, 2010, 07:39:15 PM
Quote from: doggettX on 29 July, 2010, 06:41:38 PM

When it comes to the new flick, I'm wondering when we're gonna get the whole 'How long will Anderson's hair be in the movie' topic ! I know it's just around the corner.

My only demand is that we get an Anderson who is FOXY AS ALL HELL LET LOOSE and sassy with it, true to the character.

Judge Cassandra Anderson is possibly the single most unhealthy crush I've ever had.

and that's why you're not directing.

HdE

Some things must be denied for the good of all mankind ;)
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Garageman on 27 July, 2010, 07:48:36 PM
Quote from: radiator on 27 July, 2010, 06:21:20 PM

Quoteremoving the elements that distinguish Dredd from,say, Robocop just seems like playing it safe.

Risking big bucks on a obscure property like Dredd? I think playing it safe is the way to go. I guess I just have a more mainstream sensibility for these sorts of things

It's not a Hlooywood sized budget so why would they need to play it safe, the best sci-fi never does, 2000AD never did either so let's keep it in that spirit. look at where playing it "safe"  got the Stallone film.
The Stallone Film was rated R (in America) I wouldn't call that a ''safe'' rating. :eh:

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 02 August, 2010, 12:22:33 AM

It's not a Hollywood sized budget so why would they need to play it safe, the best sci-fi never does, 2000AD never did either so let's keep it in that spirit. look at where playing it "safe"  got the Stallone film.

The Stallone Film was rated R (in America) I wouldn't call that a ''safe'' rating. :eh:

R for Rank.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Garageman on 02 August, 2010, 12:42:08 AM

It's not a Hollywood sized budget so why would they need to play it safe, the best sci-fi never does, 2000AD never did either so let's keep it in that spirit. look at where playing it "safe"  got the Stallone film.

R for Rank.
hm...Maybe they should just go ahead and go for the full blown NC-17 then.  >:D

Dreddzilla

So is it official then Karl Urban will be Judge Dredd?

PsychoGoatee

Not official, he did say that he was approached for the part. So, he's in consideration, possibly the front runner.

Can't wait for this movie, I have high hopes. 

norse_sage

According to the most recent interview with Karl Urban, he has accepted and is officially the new Judge Dredd.

Or rather the first. Judge Stallone doesn't count as far as I'm concerned.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

I have very high hopes with JW being consulted on a regular basis with the production team and then JW consulting fans for feedback also it can only lead to positive things.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Keef Monkey

You know Urban never even crossed my mind for Dredd (I was too busy pinning my hopes on a genetic fusing of Ron Perlman and Tom Jane for the lead) but I have to say I'm pretty happy with that. He's pretty gruff, has good presence and he's passed the chin test. Best of all m'lady fancies the pants off him so she'll have something to dribble over while I'm geekgasming. Nice.

Dreddzilla

Any word on how the Judge Uniforms look?
I still have this nightmare of armored ''crotches'' coming back! :sick:

Steve Green

Nope.

I'm sure they've learned the lessons of 95 though.

IndigoPrime

The good news is they've based it on Brian Bolland's art. The bad news is they only had this single page of Bolland's work to hand.

^^ Might be a fib.

^^ OK, is a fib.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 August, 2010, 07:17:04 PM
The good news is they've based it on Brian Bolland's art. The bad news is they only had this single page of Bolland's work to hand.

^^ Might be a fib.

^^ OK, is a fib.
Is there supposed to be a picture?  :eh:
Nothings coming up except a ''fortunecity'' logo.