Main Menu

Couple of Judge Dredd pics and a few other bits

Started by BMB, 08 July, 2010, 02:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick Walsh.

Dunk!

Nice. Love the solid ink style of the Dredd page.

My only criticism would be of the 3d art. Done in z-brush or mudbox? Well it's got some nice textures and a good overall build but you need to work on your forearm anatomy.

And saying "he's a mutant with mutant anatomy" doesn't cut it. :)

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Spaceghost

you're a fantastic artist BMB and I'm jealous. I'm going to go and sulk.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

BMB

Thanks everyone! :D

@ Dunk!:

It was in Z-Brush, I grabbed the 30 day trial, I'm not at all a 3D artist but a game maker I know said it was closer to sculpting than coding so I had to give it a try.

I urge anyone who wants to have a play at 3D to give it a whirl. The full product was out of my price range so a taste is all I got.

And he's not a mutant with mutant anatomy...he's...an alien similar to us in anatomy with a few small differences, the forearms being one. :P

HigashiDragon

Love that style :)

You inspired me to draw one as well :D

Peace :)

catch me at Kre8uk.net | deviantart.com | comicspace.com

BMB

Man I hate under the chin shots! Not as in your art, as in drawing them, so hard to get it looking good for me.

I see you didn't feel the need to over compensate with the daystick... >:(

:P

HigashiDragon

hahahahaha!

that made me laugh out loud man :lol:

yeap - some facial angles are nightmares to draw. I look for as much reference as pos

Thanks for the comment :)
Peace :)

catch me at Kre8uk.net | deviantart.com | comicspace.com

Woolly

Lovely art from both of you gents  :)

BMB - you actually managed to get to grips with Zbrush's user interface within 30 days?!?  Hats off to you, sir  ;)  Very impressed!

BMB

Knowing that every minute you waste is a minute you'll never get back (the product is like $700 or something so I knew it was never going to happen) spurs you on through the initial "AIIEE! 4000 buttons/combinations/hotkeys/shortcuts!" :P

BMB

A few more pics, also from 2010. Isn't this year speeding bye? I swear I can actually hear my hair turning grey... :P

Dredd rough

Aussie comic character Killeroo, pin-up I did for its owner, Darren Close

Every Queen's Birthday long weekend in Australia we have the Comikaze Challenge: To draw 24 pages in 24 hours. I've entered the last couple years, here's a couple pages from this years entry:

Gerneral pose test or another idea I'm working on in the background.

Mini test sequential for same idea:

Hope you enjoy. :D

Emperor

Excellent work!! Apart from the arse-eating - that was uncalled for (an incomplete ;) ).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

BMB

Thanks Emperor. I didn't post later pages of the Comikaze story as it gets much worse...

Actually, there were a few pages I didn't put up from earlier too as I don't want to break any forum rules. Its basically one big on the spot 24 page brain fart. :P

IAMTHESYSTEM

Fabulous art!

I love the little dog on top of Mega Mag and Killeroo. You make the Post apocalyptic world look worth the truama. :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

BMB

Thanks IAMTHESYSTEM, I figure if we do need to end up feasting on one another's brains, why not do it with a smile?

And the magazine on Megs Mag was totally inspired from John Hicklenton circa Pandora. Sounds dumb like that, but I loved his way of doing black metallic objects.

CrazyFoxMachine

BMB I BLOODY LOVE IT.

It's like Flint meets McCarthy in a back-alley punkfight