Main Menu

Flying ants

Started by House of Usher, 19 July, 2010, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Saw a bunch of them this evening, on my way home from work in Limerick.

Zarjazzer

There were plenty in Buckinghamshire yesterday but none today. Guess the life cycle isn't long.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Something Fishy

we had them yesterday. stacks all over the place.

SmallBlueThing

A few about today down here in Hastings. I still can't quite accept their existence, despite 41 years of seeing them every year. I seem to forget ants are sometimes capable of flight as I go between August and June, and always react with a mighty "WHOA! ANTS WITH WINGS! MUT-ANTS!" and then thank grud it's not spiders every July.

SBT

The Enigmatic Dr X

2000ad should do a comic strip about mankind's struggle against ants. Best make them giant ants, to grab the attention. It could like a war against ants.

jus' sayin'

Lock up your spoons!

strontium71

How ridiculous! As if 2000AD would ever print such a far-fetched story..
...because I hate you.

vzzbux

Yesterday was my blight.
Crushed millions of them I swear. My lawn was crawling.
The bastards have wrecked the pointing on my slabs so I used some Chem warfare on their asses.
Chalk one up for the Humans.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

mogzilla

none up here ,mind you, we'd probably cover them in gravy for tea

Dark Jimbo

My patio has been infested for weeks.
@jamesfeistdraws

House of Usher

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 26 July, 2011, 09:05:34 PM
2000ad should do a comic strip about mankind's struggle against ants. Best make them giant ants, to grab the attention. It could like a war against ants.

jus' sayin'

:lol:

Saw proper, though sparse, clouds of flying ants today. No birds feasting on them. Ants landing on people here and there, including myself. Had dinner in the garden this evening and wasn't troubled by ants at all.
STRIKE !!!

strontium71

I wonder if this is the reason I've been seeing absolutely loads of birds around today. I went into town and they were just everywhere. Far more than I've ever seen.
...because I hate you.

I, Cosh

I still don't believe in them.
We never really die.

O Lucky Stevie!

They've all deplaned in Stevie's back yard today.

In Adelaide.

South Australia.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Something Fishy

Quote from: vzzbux on 26 July, 2011, 11:49:56 PM
Yesterday was my blight.
The bastards have wrecked the pointing on my slabs so I used some Chem warfare on their asses.

V

i spent years destroying the colonies in my garden (apparently it takes 10 years to establish them).

My gardens were once covered. no more.

and still they cooooooome!!  :o

Something Fishy

Quote from: Something Fishy on 28 July, 2011, 08:22:03 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 26 July, 2011, 11:49:56 PM
Yesterday was my blight.

V

i spent years destroying the colonies in my garden (apparently it takes 10 years to establish them).

My gardens were once covered. no more.

I also put lots of bird feeding stuff out and get gardens full of birds which helps a lot.

and still they cooooooome!!  :o