Main Menu

Prog redesign and Tharg's new look

Started by Trout, 28 July, 2010, 12:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

Quote from: King Trout on 28 July, 2010, 12:26:30 PM
Bleeding Cool have the prog logo - which isn't a radical change - and some great Tharg images by Henry Flint, plus COVER SPOILER ALERT the cover of Prog 1700.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/07/28/2000-ad-undergoes-redesign-from-prog-1700/

EDITED TO ADD: Spider-Tharg! THWIPP!

its the bloke from cheers!

Peter Wolf

The slightly redesigned logo is an improvement as it looks more balanced with the badge on the red background.

Anyway its very naughty of BleedinCool to not link to the source of the redesigned cover and logo as if to pass themselves off as having been given exclusivity by 2000ad/Rebellion.They ought to realise that its a small community and these things are noticed.

Unless i am mistaken wasnt there another incident recently of BleedinCool not crediting their sources ?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SuperSurfer

Ok, interesting. Guess it's more web friendly and probably works better at small sizes than the existing one.

It's a far superior version of the prog 555 logo.

I wonder if they added the chrome bits to please Mr Ewing?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: mogzilla on 28 July, 2010, 10:29:03 PM
   its the bloke from cheers!

CALL! Tharg's turned into Ted Danson... Steve Guttenburg can't be far behind. GULP

Judge Olde

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 28 July, 2010, 11:39:55 PM
Ok, interesting. Guess it's more web friendly and probably works better at small sizes than the existing one.

Ah, prog 555. I jumped onboard 2000ad the week before ..

mogzilla

the logo's been made to look like an exclamation mark methinks

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Judge Olde on 29 July, 2010, 03:49:54 PM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 28 July, 2010, 11:39:55 PM

Ah, prog 555. I jumped onboard 2000ad the week before ..

Ah, prog 555. I had a drawing printed in that progs nerve centre, lol.  :lol: Loving the new Teddansontharg!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

The Enigmatic Dr X

Never mind all that, has Buttonman clocked the letters preview?
Lock up your spoons!

ming

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 29 July, 2010, 06:08:04 PM
Never mind all that, has Buttonman clocked the letters preview?

Well he left a comment on Pete's blog, so I guess so!  Me, I'm just happy to see my Letter of the Week have another airing :D

Pete Wells

Simon Parr has done a nice article about this on his blog, the colour tests are particularly cool...

http://pyeparr.blogspot.com/2010/07/2000-ad-redesign.html?spref=fb

Buttonman

Ah, prog 555. I had a drawing printed in that progs nerve centre, lol.  :lol: Loving the new Teddansontharg!

Claim verified - Darren's 'Dredd movie poster' did indeed grace Prog 555 and he followed this with Prog 583's 'Perp Busters' and Prog 615's 'Judge Anderson'. He has also had 4 letters printed totally outdoing Tom Proudfoot's single 'Middenface McDredd' offering.

Darren lived in Walsall in 1991 having moved from Portsmouth in 1989. Unless there are two of them, I don't know.

Proudhuff

surely one drawing in the early progs equals four letters?  ::)
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Quote from: Proudhuff on 31 July, 2010, 05:59:50 PM

Alas, no Tom. In a recently revamped scoring system it's 6 points for a drawing and one for a letter so your 13 letters and one drawing total of 19 falls well short of Darren's 3 drawings and 4 letter haul of 22.

Middenface McDredd is enjoying his 25th anniversary this year - how about a redesign for the 21st century? Second thoughts, better not your dodery old hands probably couldn't get charcoal to parchment.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Pete Wells on 31 July, 2010, 05:22:40 PM
Simon Parr has done a nice article about this on his blog, the colour tests are particularly cool...
http://pyeparr.blogspot.com/2010/07/2000-ad-redesign.html?spref=fb

Cheers, Pete. Another bookmarked blog. I was going to say that it would be good to read a rationale of the revamp. I haven't read the blog yet, but I've just realised is that at smaller sizes, the new version makes more of a colour impact.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Proudhuff on 31 July, 2010, 05:59:50 PM

What does a letter in the DC Dredd's equal, I reckon 20 points at least. What say you, Buttonman!