Main Menu

Unconfirmed price rise to £2.25?

Started by Colin YNWA, 28 July, 2010, 02:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJomster

I'm more than happy to pay £2.25 for the best thing out there comics-wise!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

blixab

The subs request that I had the other week suggests that there will be a price increase in the Autumn - to what price, it didn't state, but there is definately one in the offing.

If you subscribe now you get the next years issues at this years prices -can't be bad

Buttonman

I'd sell my house and all its contents for my letters page - and I hear strips are included too!

strontium71

£2.25 is still more than worth it for a more or less consistantly great weekly publication! The fact that it's still only this price astounds me.Less than one pint for f-sake!
Be honest - you'd still buy it even it were a lot more wouldn't you?
...because I hate you.

Jim_Campbell

I'll be honest, I can't get worked up about 25p. If the price hike was bigger, or the prog was less excellent, then there might be an issue, but I'm more than happy with the value proposition as it is.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Peter Wolf

Its a 2.5fold price hike compared to the last which is a bit of a jump but otherwise i couldnt care less about 25p and i cant imagine being so hard up that i would be.

2.00 was a nice round figure though.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 July, 2010, 10:57:46 PM
I'll be honest, I can't get worked up about 25p. If the price hike was bigger, or the prog was less excellent, then there might be an issue, but I'm more than happy with the value proposition as it is.

Cheers!

Jim

Yeah, as long as the prog stays at about the same percentage of my weekly disposable income, they can charge what they like. After 33 years I'm unlikely to think it 25p too far.

By the way Jim, any reason for the "American/ Canadian spelling" on your new avatar?

SBT

JOE SOAP

Don't you realise they have to pay for a $50 million film somehow.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 28 July, 2010, 11:02:49 PM
By the way Jim, any reason for the "American/ Canadian spelling" on your new avatar?

Ooh, yes. Been lettering Merkin comics for a few weeks -- it must have rubbed off. I shall correct forthwith.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Quote from: strontium71 on 28 July, 2010, 10:51:01 PM
£2.25 is still more than worth it for a more or less consistantly great weekly publication! The fact that it's still only this price astounds me.Less than one pint for f-sake!
Be honest - you'd still buy it even it were a lot more wouldn't you?
Yes, but there's no sense in letting them know that, is there?
We never really die.

strontium71

Shit - erm , fair point. Quick , think - erm...£2.25 is the most i'd pay for 2000ad!
Phew - I think I got away with it... :thumbsup:
...because I hate you.

Radbacker

well buying from the newsagents in OZ has never been a cheap exersise but Tooth is still cheaper than US comics and a million times better (we pay $7.95 - $9.95 for a US floppy and only $6.95 for 2000AD).

CU radbacker

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 July, 2010, 11:07:53 PM
[Been lettering Merkin comics for a few weeks -- it must have rubbed off.

I don't even want to think what 'Merkin' comics involve!

Richmond Clements

QuoteLess than one pint for f-sake!

Maybe it's my middle age, but I didn't think 'less than a pint' I thought 'less than a sandwich'.

Radbacker

QuoteQuote from: Jim_Campbell on July 28, 2010, 11:07:53 PM
[Been lettering Merkin comics for a few weeks -- it must have rubbed off.

I don't even want to think what 'Merkin' comics involve

well oviously theuy involve comics drawn on pubic wigs what else could they be?  i hear the funs in the reading>

CU Radbacker