Main Menu

Movie Update - John Wagner Facebook

Started by Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty), 28 July, 2010, 08:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

QuoteWent up to London to see Alex Garland, Pete Travis and the DNA team today and look over what they've been up to. They've found some nice locations in South Africa and with some great CGI are a long way towards creating a convincing Mega-City One. They're keen to include a lot of Mega-City background detail - good graffiti, for instance - and while I can provide a lot of it I'll also be happy to pass on any good fan suggestions to them. What odd sort of shopfronts would there be - e.g. Male Pregnancy Advice Bureau - what odd sights might you see on the streets or in the home. All suggestions welcome!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Wagner/22334044612

Hope John doesent mind me posting this here.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

COMMANDO FORCES

I've booked my Agrro Dome, so no more of those please  ;)

Trout

I'm demanding simps, hotties and three-legged trousers.

Get yourselves over there, Squaxx!

As I said in my post I just want it to reflect what we see in the comics as best it can. Totally over the top crazy consumerism. :)

uncle fester

What a guy for asking for suggestions from the fans! Chucked my (slightly obvious) tuppence worth in.

Richmond Clements

uncle fester

Jared Katooie

Emphatically Yesss

Phantom

Chopper

Shapiro's Hottie House

strontium71

Like above - a chopper 'smiley face' on a block wall!
...because I hate you.

Woolly

Left a vote for a cameo shot of Max Normal  :)

Colin YNWA

Mikey

Yup - The Pinstripe Freak going for some Shuggy is where it's at, and a Kenny Who? Art Mart.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

radiator

I can't overstate how happy it makes me that John Wagner is being consulted over things like this. It just reinforces my belief that the property is being handled with respect and consideration and gives me faith that the movie will be worthwhile - fingers crossed its a hit and Wagner rakes in a fortune in royalties!

It couldn't be a more different story from the situation in 1994/5 - I vividly recall the story of John visiting the set, trying in vain to tell Danny Cannon the script was no good...

Having read a little of the new script[spoiler], my only concern is that it comes across as a bit too serious and grim - hopefully John's input will inject a little colour, humour and trademark Mega-City lunacy into the movie.[/spoiler]

IAMTHESYSTEM

Advert for an Ugly clinic. Sending up our obsession with perfect looks could only be a good thing.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

I left a note for a stallone dredd style jimp getting the treatment from real judges :)