Main Menu

Total Recall - Remake - WTF!

Started by Goaty, 29 July, 2010, 11:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Why??? It classic and most violent sci-fi film and now;

Len Wiseman ("Underworld," "Live Free or Die Hard") is in final negotiations to direct the remake of the 1990 sci-fi action classic "Total Recall" for Sony Pictures.

Based on Philip K Dick's short story "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale", the new version will be re-conceived as a contemporary take on the story.

Kurt Wimmer is writing the screenplay and Neal H Moritz will produce.

Jared Katooie

I, Cosh

We never really die.

TordelBack

I have to hand it to them. It's the best mindfuck yet.

Jared Katooie

Goaty, please tell me you are lying.

I don't care about those other remakes. But Total recall is special. It deserves better than this...

Peter Wolf

I rewatched the original a short while ago and it hasnt aged well at all and besides i thought it was tacky and overrated anyway.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Goaty

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 29 July, 2010, 11:52:57 PM
Goaty, please tell me you are lying.

I don't care about those other remakes. But Total recall is special. It deserves better than this...

Sorry mate, it on most entertainment news websites.

They should leave it fucking alone, it great mind-fuck,violent actions, deaths, one-lines, Shardon Stone, nose job, great non-CGI effects, and the Cabbies!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 29 July, 2010, 11:54:22 PM
I rewatched the original a short while ago and it hasnt aged well at all and besides i thought it was tacky and overrated anyway.
Well, you were wrong twice.
We never really die.

Jared Katooie

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 29 July, 2010, 11:54:22 PM

No.

Roger Godpleton

I'm gonna do a remake of the time I found alla yous moms clit(s).
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

bluemeanie

As I pointed out on Twitter.... theres a whole new generation of movie goers who have never had the experience of sitting in a cinema, pointing at the screen and shouting
"HOLY SHIT! THAT BIRD'S GOT THREE TITS!!"

would you really deny them that?

And seriously, I love the original but its been 20 years. My rule is that if someone can go see an 18 certificate movie who wasnt even alive when the original was in cinemas, then a remake is cool to try.... even if it annoys us old farts. Its a movie the target audience's parents went to on dates!!

Colin YNWA

HAve to agree with Pete that the original hasn't aged well at all. Still a fun movie but for a film from 1990 its aged a lot worse than many others.

Buddy

Total Recall is a terrible film and I welcome a remake of it.

It may very well turn out terrible again but hey, you gotta try I suppose.

HOO-HAA

Can't wait for the Commando remake...

*cue Arnie voice*

I LIED...

:D

Radbacker

Running Man is another of my favs from the 90's that hasn't aged too well.
I'd say that Total Recall and Running Man are probably two of my favorite Sci-fi's from the 90's (along with Robocop, and Predator but are they actuallt 90's or are they 80's? god I'm getting so fricken old), big dumb ass blockbusters with plenty of tease and violence.
I must say I am getting quite disturbed at how many movies i remember that are now getting remade but Blue meanie makes a good point about these being for the Kids of the Kids that went to watch the originals.

CU Radbacker