Main Menu

Madworld

Started by Keef Monkey, 01 August, 2010, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Not often I dust off the wii-mote (and good lord was it dusty) but this came through from lovefilm and is fairly entertaining. The visual-style works really well and sidesteps the wii's lack of graphical punch, and the gameplay is damn fun, despite occasionally suffering from the wii's usual lack of responsiveness at times. A bit like a cross between Escape From New York and No More Heroes, not bad.

Jared Katooie

My main problem with this game is that it became repetitive after about five minutes.

The announcers got annoying pretty quickly too. A good idea wasted.

Loved the visual style though, and the violenc was pretty graphic too. I'd rate it a C-.

Keef Monkey

Yeah, I take back my enthusiastic original post! About 4 levels in it got really dull, and the frustration of having to grind through a level just to get to a boss who kills me fairly quickly (its that Frankenstein dude) got too much. Also, the lack of camera control (a problem with almost every wii game I've played) and lack response from some of the commands got pretty annoying. From promising to turd in about 5 levels, have posted it back!

bluemeanie

My opinion may be coloured by the fact I only paid £4.99 for this, but I enjoyed it.
Love the art style and the sick sense of humour.
Yeah, its a bit mindless but it kinda reminded me of an updated Streets of Rage which I used to love back on my Megadrive.

Still fun for the occasional 20 minute blast

SpongeJosh

Good game but like what other ppl said, got repetitive. I never completed it because of the repetitiveness but might boot the Wii up to finish it off for all times sake.