Main Menu

2000AD Aug/Sept Art Comp: We're All Going On A…

Started by Jim_Campbell, 16 August, 2010, 03:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Ladies and Gentlemen, courtesy of this month's worthy film poster comp, JTPegg, I'm delighted to bring you the new competition:

'What I did in my Summer Holidays': You've got a 24 hour visa to Mega-City One; you're visiting Auntie in Termight; perhaps you're regretting booking that adventure holiday with Caballistics, Inc; we won't even ask how you got hold of a camera in Tir Nan Og...

But you're determined to take some snapshots for the folks at home.  It could be anything, a street scene, a funny advertisement or road sign.  Something that adds a little flavour to your chosen series;  maybe not the 'steak' but some of the 'sizzle' ...

This comp will run until Sunday 26th September, after which we'll attend to the usual voting malarkey...

Let the art commence!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Darren Stephens

Oooooh. Now that my 'secret project' submission is finito, I may have a crack at this. I'm in the mood to doodle!  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Judge Olde

I'm not much of an artist, unless you count beer. But I feel slightly inspired to have a bash. Will have a think - but sounds like another cracking Comp!

Lady Festina

Ooh, not only can Mr Pegg draw but he comes up with a cracking theme!

In fact, whoever wins this month's Story Competition would do well to nick the idea...!

Jake Lynch

Dear Mum and Dad -

Good news! My 24hour Visa has been extended to a 6 month encubement.  Please send SOAP ON A ROPE A.S.A.P.

Your Loving Son
- JT

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7258534/PatWagonPickUp.jpg
@ArtDroid_Lynch

LARF

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

James Stacey

COMMANDO FORCES

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

LARF

[rolls tongue back in]

JT Pegg - you are Jock and I claim my five pounds.

What do you do for a living? Please tell me you do this professionally, please tell me that this talent is not wasted.

That image is quite frankly one of the best pieces of Dredd artwork I have EVER seen, the detail is immense, your skill is unreal.

Don't know what else to say, but WOW.

Kev Levell

davethomson

Aw yeah, this comp is off to a good start! I'm gonna have to raise my game now. :D
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

locustsofdeath!

Wow. Speechless.

Tharg, put that on the cover of a prog.