Main Menu

2000AD Fan living in Belfast

Started by Definitely Not Mister Pops, 03 September, 2010, 07:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I'm living in Belfast and would just like to know where fellow Belfast inhabitants purchase their progs. Is it just me or does our local forbidden planet not always put the latest prog out in a timely fashion? I'm sick of trouncing into town every day to see it's still not there.

Tharg I impeach thee in thine infinite wisdom to have pity on me, a lowly insignificant Earthlet, and visit your terrible wroth upon those who seek to sabotage and obstruct my quest for thrills.

For your reference Tharg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pity
You may quote me on that.

trapperconnor

Forbidden planet Belfast has a ton of back issues going back far as 1980s, stick to Easons and Whsmith every week in future, they do both 2000AD and the Meg.

pauljholden

Hello! Subscribe! I get mine in the post...

Nice to see another Belfast person on the board!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Aye, they do have a good supply of back issues.

Want to hear something tragic?

I had several years worth of progs, from 591 to somewhere in the mid 900's, and the first 3 volumes of the meg. The year I went to University my family moved house, they were all gathered into plastic zip-lock bags and put in the garage. I took a couple of those bags with me.

Went home at christmas, discovered a rat had got into our garage, and my progs were chewed up and covered in rat shit.

There's also a good few charity shops with good collections of back issues, and the sell them at 10p a pop
You may quote me on that.