Main Menu

BBC3 Seeking Comic Fans For New Show

Started by M.I.K., 21 September, 2010, 05:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

QuoteAmongst many other things they're looking for guys who have passions and hobbies that their girlfriends may have to come to terms with - and they're particularly looking for men with a passion for comics, films and gaming.

Hmmm... I think I can see where this is going...

COMMANDO FORCES

Just by reading what they want, I can see the way the blokes who respond are going to be portrayed  ::)

I hope I am proved wrong but I doubt it!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 September, 2010, 05:16:26 PM
Just by reading what they want, I can see the way the blokes who respond are going to be portrayed  ::)

I hope I am proved wrong but I doubt it!

Its very predictable that out of all the possible hobbies or interests that there are they had to choose those that are considered "Geeky" ??

It sounds very predictable and boring and it will be some "clash of the sexes" type thing with much wailing and gnashing of teeth and the male comic fan complaining that his girlfriend just doesnt understand them and that kind of thing.

It sounds like it is best avoided.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 21 September, 2010, 06:31:49 PM

It sounds like it is best avoided.

Well it is on BBC3. Sounds like they already know what they want and what they want to see. Oh well it might surprise us.

House of Usher

BBC3 loves to pander to people who want to be on television to be pointed at.  ::)
STRIKE !!!

JOE SOAP

It's the nature of telly to be pointed at. Don't do it, everyone is itching to take the piss out of you.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Television thrives on images of conflict. Be very careful if you sign up to this as you will have little or no say in how you are finally presented. That all happens in the editing room.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla