Main Menu

Prog 1704 Spirited Away!

Started by JAMESCOR, 25 September, 2010, 12:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquashedFly

Got this today, the first prog I have gotten since getting back into 2000AD

Was pretty damn good. Didnt feel too lost or like I needed to know everything to enjoy, and I get the feeling I am going to keep reading it, I am already itching to buy the next one.  :D

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Emperor

Quote from: Proudhuff on 05 October, 2010, 05:05:15 PM

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 September, 2010, 09:35:53 AM
Riggs' muff: Tattoo or shaved into an eagle!?  :o

This explains all:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/City-beauty-salon-offers-39designer.6565525.jp

I am slightly let down by the fact the article isn't illustrated with such... bush art or trouser topiary, although the actual photograph is an... acceptable substitute I suppose (however, while I am no expert, I suspect it'd be difficult to do this with your undies on, unless someone had a really unruly pantie hedge).

Plus top marks for the quality of local newspaper copy editing (and a prudish desire not to actually mention specifically what they are using, when there are perfetly acceptable medical terms for that are - like "pantie hedge" for example):

QuoteFor as little as £45, women can have their most private area shaped into anything they want, - a love heart, their lover's initials, or perhaps even a patriotic Saltire.

Remodelling of one's "most private area" is going to cost you a bit more than £45.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

James Stacey

They could call it the minge manicure

Robert Frazer

It's always been interesting to note Justice Department's approach to female adornments. After all, Justines usually enjoy rich, full cherry-red Maybeline lips, and recently McGruder sported a natty pair of justice-shield earrings...
Latest Video - The ESSENTIAL Judge Dredd

James Stacey

Judge Edgar always had earrings like that didn't she. As for the Justice Department heeled lady boots, they are practical in all situations

SmallBlueThing

Well, let's face it- lady judges are only there for decoration, making the real judges' sandwiches and giving them something pretty to look at. They dont actually DO anything.

<ducks>

SBT

BPP

'AN UNKINDNESS OF RAVENS'.

THAT is genius. £2.25's worth right there in one panel.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Mardroid

I just read this prog.

I found some of the things the granny said in Age of the Wolf a bit odd. I understood the whole language thing, that it's about rune's and language controlling the world, (and interesting power by the way which reminds me of the Stephen King story Everything's Eventual). It was just certain words in her sentences seemed out of place. I imagine it was to convey a regional dialect maybe... That whole scene was a nice plot development though.  [spoiler]I wonder if that warning from the Granny that Rowan should 'get away from him' was actually referring to the man who is travelling with her rather than that werewolf that was following her*. I suspect a twist to come.[/spoiler]

*Is it different from the others by the way? How come it's implied it can climb when the others can't?