Main Menu

Why haven't there been more Judge Dredd action figures???

Started by Dreddzilla, 28 September, 2010, 11:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreddzilla

This doesn't included the horrid ''Mattel'' toys or the Medicom 12 inch doll.

I remember when the Re:Action figures came out I immediately bought Dredd with Anderson & Death, not long after and I even bought Johnny Alpha & I must say the quality was impressive.
But what happened to this company?
Why didn't we see a 2nd wave?
Did it just not make enough money?
One thing I'd like to say is that YEARS after the initial release of these figures ''Durham Red'' & ''Slain'' Clogged the pegs of comic shops & kay-B-toys EVERYWHERE! :lol:
I don't know how well those figures sold on your guys side of the pound, but they didn't move here.

The last Dredd figures to see the light of day was part of the Toy Biz ''Legendary comic book heroes'' series.

I thought it interesting that the most desired was Dredd! (and the base body was a reuse of the Long shot body & the Ben Affleck Daredevil neck, which meant very little head movement at all) I was severely disappointed with the quality as TB really cut corners, But they were more then willing to make a Perfect Bolland inspired DEATH?

As popular as Dredd is (in his home country of course) I'm surprised there hasn't been another attempt at making him and his world?

Dreddzilla

Not even one response?
Well...now I know why there haven't been more. :lol:

Staz Johnson

Ok, I'll give a response. I actually likes that ''Legendary comic book heroes'' Dredd, & had no idea it was a mash up from left over parts. Having a 3d Dredd helmet infront of me to draw from will (i imagine) help if ever I get to work on him again.

TordelBack

Quote...the Ben Affleck Daredevil neck, which meant very little head movement at all

:lol:

I quite liked the most recent Dredd, which is to say he still lives on my bedside table.  It is a shame there haven't been more - I would go nuts for a 3 3/4" range with the current level of Hasbro articulation (let's see Han draw first against Old Stoney Face).  However when you look at the bath Hasbro (and retailers) took with their wonderful Indiana Jones range it's obvious that you need way more punters than 2000AD can offer to make it worthwhile.  Best save those pennies and look to the upcoming 3A  releases.

COMMANDO FORCES

If I owned a toy company I wouldn't take the risk, as it seems everyone wants different things from their action figures, go figure  ::)

Obviously I'd have my own ones made by the company on the QT  ;)

Dreddzilla

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 September, 2010, 10:42:26 PM
Quote...the Ben Affleck Daredevil neck, which meant very little head movement at all

I quite liked the most recent Dredd, which is to say he still lives on my bedside table.  It is a shame there haven't been more - I would go nuts for a 3 3/4" range with the current level of Hasbro articulation (let's see Han draw first against Old Stoney Face).  However when you look at the bath Hasbro (and retailers) took with their wonderful Indiana Jones range it's obvious that you need way more punters than 2000AD can offer to make it worthwhile.  Best save those pennies and look to the upcoming 3A  releases.
Ya, but does 3A ever intend to make 6 inch figs?
I'm not to thrilled with foot tall action dolls.

Staz Johnson

Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 30 September, 2010, 11:14:50 PM

I'm not to thrilled with foot tall action dolls.

I gotta say, for the same reasons I said I liked that other Dredd figure, I'd love to have a 12" Dredd 'doll'......

Ok... even I think what I just typed sounds weird...

Definitely Not Mister Pops

While we're on the subject, has there ever been any ABC Warriors figures?
You may quote me on that.

BPP

Me'thinks Staz should have a Rogue figure and first dibs on the new GFD Rogue strip as his B&W Rogues were lovely and suitably evocative of the Rogue that was so popular.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Steven Sterlacchini

I'd love to see more action figures and toys, but without a film, TV show or cartoon to promote them, it's unlikely many companies would want to take the chance on anything other than short run, high end, expensive stuff like ThreeA's.

It's a relatively limited market at the moment, and CF represents 40% of it. ;)

We'll hopefully see some film based stuff when the new motion picture comes out and it should feed more interest in the comic version as well.

In the meantime I'll just make do with this  ;)

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Minty on 01 October, 2010, 12:45:26 AM
I'd love to see more action figures and toys, but without a film, TV show or cartoon to promote them, it's unlikely many the moment, and CF represents 40% of it. ;)

We'll hopefully see some film based stuff when the new motion picture comes out and it should feed more interest in the comic version as well.

In the meantime I'll just make do with this  ;)

:o OHMYGRUD You cut off the lower half of his body, you sick DROKKER!

worldshown

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 September, 2010, 10:42:26 PM
I would go nuts for a 3 3/4" range with the current level of Hasbro articulation (let's see Han draw first against Old Stoney Face).

Same here and, worryingly, for the same reason. (Let's see if your force powers can beat a Heatseeker)

But it probably wouldn't happen without a tie-in to the movie and the toyshops by me are still groaning with "Terminator", "GI Joe" and "Prince of Persia" stock.

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Minty on 01 October, 2010, 12:45:26 AM
I'd love to see more action figures and toys, but without a film, TV show or cartoon to promote them, it's unlikely many companies would want to take the chance on anything other than short run, high end, expensive stuff like ThreeA's.

Minty has pretty much summed this up.

We are in the process of granting a license to a collectable statue company who have a very good reputation in that industry and have several other licensing deals in the process of being put together, so hopefully you will see alot more merch out in the near future.

Staz Johnson

Quote from: BPP on 30 September, 2010, 11:49:33 PM
Me'thinks Staz should have a Rogue figure and first dibs on the new GFD Rogue strip as his B&W Rogues were lovely and suitably evocative of the Rogue that was so popular.

Thanks for that, and..... http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,30000.msg547160.html#msg547160