Main Menu

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Century: 1969

Started by Emperor, 16 October, 2010, 12:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRocka

I've loved them all, but surely Vol 2 must be the best? Even little things (like how Serpentine Park came to be renamed) show absolute genius.
And agree that Black dossier was a bit of a slog to get through, but.. wow.. how well can Alan Moore capture the essence of the styles he writes in (The Shakespeare bit, the postcards, the "Crazy Wide Forever"?)
Never ever bloody anything ever

Emperor

A few tasters:

www.bleedingcool.com/2010/12/13/preview-league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen-century-1969-in-comic-heroes-4/

And a provisional release date: July 2011.

www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog/league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen-vol-iii-century-2/635
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

TordelBack

Halleluljahgobble!  

I know many folk think LoEG has been on a downward tangent, but I've loved every installment and cannot wait for this.  I've really got into ferreting out what Alan and Kev are up to, and it's enormous fun, and not just in a geeky reference-getting points-scoring way - I'm been bamboozled by half of what's going on in the later volumes, but in trying to sort it all out I've discovered loads of stuff I never knew, and enjoyed things I never thought I would.  It's no coincidence that I have the Threepenny Opera on my mp3 player now - it's incredible, and beyond introducing me to Brecht's work it's opened up a whole world of political theatre I had no clue about (I have an instinctive dislike of musicals).  My interest in plays stopped with Ibsen, Synge and Wilde.

Great to see O'Neill drawing the Warlock again.

satchmo

Is that Hitchcock in the panel with the bloke in the cap and the flower power shirt?
Can't wait for this!

gdwessel

This looks fantastic (tho I fear more rape ahoy given the looks of some of those panels....)

House of Usher

Quote from: satchmo on 14 December, 2010, 10:46:54 AM
Is that Hitchcock in the panel with the bloke in the cap and the flower power shirt?
Can't wait for this!

That does indeed look like Hitchcock, looking up. The other two are more than likely supposed to be Steptoe and Son.

I spy Nemesis the Warlock (as a bust).
STRIKE !!!

worldshown

Is that the man from the Ministry of Silly Walks in panel 4?

Proudhuff

Steptoe and son, check, Hitchcock check, outragous nipples, check, and a Thunderbird 2 in the sky?
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

That truly is groundbreaking nippleage (at least, I reckon you could plough some fine furrows with them).

John Caliber

Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

TordelBack

Quote from: John Caliber on 17 December, 2010, 04:42:01 PM
And Nemesis the Warlock in the last panel...!

Does nobody read these threads anymore?   :D

Quote from: House of Usher on 14 December, 2010, 06:37:36 PM
I spy Nemesis the Warlock (as a bust).

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 December, 2010, 10:33:58 AM
Great to see O'Neill drawing the Warlock again.

etc!

Proudhuff

What's that horsey thing behind her in the last page? anyone?
DDT did a job on me

JOE SOAP

Nice to see Mr. Benn in panel 4 and the badge on the Mosleytype man in the brown suit to the left edge of panel 1, it's the emblem of the fascist government from the V for Vendetta film.