Main Menu

Prog1316 - The latest prog

Started by Slippery PD, 05 November, 2002, 06:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiEx

A little late I know, but I only just recieved prog 1316 in the post two days ago. Bloody postal services!

Cover- I loved this cover. I think Cliff Robinson is one of the best current Dredd artists. I love the little changes he's been making to Dredd's unform recently, like the slight redesigns to the utility belt, knee bads and holster to make them look more realistic. Hope we can see a Robinson Dredd story soon.

Dredd - A cracking conclusion to a great story. Definitely looks like a prequel though. Hope we see some more of Prager in the future.

Past Imperfect - The best of the lot so far. really enjopyed this one. Top marks!

Asylum - Also really enjoying Asylum. Great art as well. I don't understand why people are saying this is a ripp-off of nemesis. Yes, it features humans against aliens, but then again so does probably 50% of every sci fi story, book, film etc. Mind you, I've only ever read Nemesis books 1-3, so perhaps I'm missing something.

SinDex - Thought this one was really funny for a change. I really enjoyed all the 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' references.

Red Seas - The 'Bison' of the moment. The story  does nothing for me and visually it's let down by the extremely plain art work which lacks all but the most rudimentary detail. Features the most unscary boring looking zombies ever drawn.

All in all an excellent prog, except Red Seas.

HiEx