Main Menu

The Undercity

Started by Cpt Rhodes, 14 November, 2010, 01:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: Cpt Rhodes on 15 November, 2010, 08:57:39 PM
My main contardiction problem is I do have the Empire State Building in the cover.
Bummer!

Ah, that might be tricky as I think it was well established that the Empire States Building was moved up to Mega-City One.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Lobo Baggins

My main contardiction problem is I do have the Empire State Building in the cover.
Bummer!

Arthur Ranson's buried New York from 'Anderson: Childhood's End' is by far the most impressive incarnation of the Undercity - the Crystler Building is probably the tallest surviving tower block, its top floors are embedded in the concrete sky which means that the dome is about 1,000 feet tall at its highest point.

The Empire State and the Statue of Liberty (plus the World Trade Centre...) all appeared in Mega-City One long before the concept of the Undercity came along - they were presumably moved for tourists.

'Karyn: The Concrete Sky' also takes place in the Undercity - unfortunately, Adrian Salmon doesn't really do background detail so the darkness of the Undercity was represented by painting every panel completely black...

Mongoose's 'Rookie's Guide to the Undercity' (what I wrote) might help you out - it sold five or six copies before it went out of print!
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

James Stacey

Was there a post Total War story set when a hovbus crashed through the hole left by Ezra Pound block or did I dream it?

The Adventurer

Quote from: James Stacey on 16 November, 2010, 09:23:11 AM
Was there a post Total War story set when a hovbus crashed through the hole left by Ezra Pound block or did I dream it?

Yeah that happened. I think its where Psi Judge Karyn became a vampire monster.

FAKEEDIT: Decent. Progs 1432 - 1436. Words by Rennie. Art by Boo Cook.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

I think you're thinking of 'Descent' by Rennie and Boo Cook in Progs 1432-1436. Cool story

As ever with thanks to Barney

James Stacey

That's the bunny, thanks. Cosh was already there with that one then.

Cpt Rhodes

Cheers folks, it's under reconstruction.

Cpt Rhodes

Just putting the finishing touches to the Zarjaz cover this weekend. A big thanks to all who helped out with reference pointers. My bank balance took a hit tracking some of it down, (I've become a fan of Tempest now) but I hope it will be worth it. Below is a tiny snippit from the pic and keep your eyes peeled for release of the full image at a later date on the Quaequam Blog.
Cheers folks!

Emperor

That's looking damn fine.

I'd love to see you get a prog cover at some point.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Steven Denton

JOE SOAP

Great pic, looks like "the Warriors".

The Adventurer

Quote from: Garageman on 27 November, 2010, 10:13:29 PM
Great pic, looks like "the Warriors".

My first thoughts were The Warriors meets Fallout 3. Which is only a good thing. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

vzzbux

A schmeiser. Would that be functional so far into the future?
A wonderful piece. As said by others, a few covers from you would be nice viewing for the prog.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Toni Scandella

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 16 November, 2010, 07:59:56 AM
Bummer!

Arthur Ranson's buried New York from 'Anderson: Childhood's End' is by far the most impressive incarnation of the Undercity - the Crystler Building is probably the tallest surviving tower block, its top floors are embedded in the concrete sky which means that the dome is about 1,000 feet tall at its highest point.

The Empire State and the Statue of Liberty (plus the World Trade Centre...) all appeared in Mega-City One long before the concept of the Undercity came along - they were presumably moved for tourists.

'Karyn: The Concrete Sky' also takes place in the Undercity - unfortunately, Adrian Salmon doesn't really do background detail so the darkness of the Undercity was represented by painting every panel completely black...

Mongoose's 'Rookie's Guide to the Undercity' (what I wrote) might help you out - it sold five or six copies before it went out of print!

Two of which I seem to have bought...

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Looks fantastic, Cpt. Can't wait to see the finished thing.