Main Menu

EXCLUSIVE - FIRST STILL FROM DREDD!

Started by Cyber-Matt, 19 November, 2010, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

I'm orchestral all the way but I wouldn't mind throwing a bit of Prodigy in there (something new). I haven't read the script but it sounds like there could be call for it. Depends really.

Stan

Bearing in mind I've recently quit smoking and my brain is still being defragged.

nicklambo

Quote from: Toni Scandella on 20 January, 2011, 10:26:20 PM
I'd be happy with Duncan Jones' Dad doing the soundtrack.

Met his Dad a few times...Had some nice cups of tea with him!!

nicklambo

Found this old game trailer....Dirty Harry as Dredd...not too bad actually considering how old it is!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jigqbg_M6HE

DKCX

Now starting to miss the JDMN site for putting all DREDD related news on one site.  >:(
We're missing out on little bits of news.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-and-lifestyle/home-garden/2011/01/21/motherhood-leaves-rakie-with-nothing-to-dredd-from-acting-91466-28025772/
Perpective of an Welsh born actress Rakie Ayola(not listed on IMDB) on her impending part in DREDD. Not really about the movie.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0043931/

dracula1

Quote from: nicklambo;577286Found this old game trailer....Dirty Harry as Dredd...not too bad actually considering how old it is!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jigqbg_M6HE
Thanks for posting it, it isn't half bad as you said. One bit with dredd in the shadows is very kev walker,...l wonder if this influenced his dredd style?

Wake

Quote from: SneakeeX on 21 January, 2011, 09:29:13 AMPerpective of an Welsh born actress Rakie Ayola(not listed on IMDB) on her impending part in DREDD. Not really about the movie.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0043931/

I think she might be the Chief Judge

radiator

QuoteI think she might be the Chief Judge

Yes, I think you're right.

Wake

Keef Monkey

Quote from: jbezzina on 23 January, 2011, 07:20:23 AM
The more I see the more I hate what I'm seeing.In my opinion this is turning out to have the look of a low budget scify movie. Case in point, modern day vehicles disguised to look futuristic with some lame looking addons. I'm talking about the bike which I am sure that someone into motorcycles will be able to tell us what bike hides under the upper bodywork and I am also referring to the trucks we saw some weeks ago. I am sure that they are beefed up modern vehicles. I'm also not at all convinced of the uniform. Again, I pray that I am wrong but I would surely hate reading that this would turn out to be listed as once of the worst movies of the year.

Sorry, but that's utter nonsense. The design aesthetic seems to be near future, plausible and functional. Is it not crossing anyone's mind that if you were a Judge keeping the peace in Mega-City One, riding around on a bike it might make sense to armour the hell out of said bike? That whole front piece of the bike seems to me to be there for protection if the rider leans forward (the original comic design offers none). If it looks like a normal bike with some stuff added on it's BECAUSE IT IS.

I come onto this thread regularly to see if there's any new snippets of news, and I'm finding I'm constantly aggravated by it. You've got your boarders who are grateful this is even happening, and are intrigued and excited to see how it all plays out, and then a sea of knee-jerk reactions from what sounds like whining ungrateful children. They're making a Dredd film! If it's good we can all be happy, if it's not we can all go back to pretending there's never been one! For Dredd to be getting another chance and folk dismissing it as shit already because the out of context spy shots don't look like the vision in your head makes you come across as a bunch of spoilt brats. Have you invested tens of millions in the movie? No, so stop acting as if someone's cheating you if it's not to your liking. They designed a prop you don't like the look of for a film that you aren't paying them to make, they didn't walk into your house and shit in your cereal.

It's been said dozens of times by sensible people on here, but doesn't seem to be penetrating the wall of negativity, We Haven't Seen Anywhere Near Enough To Know What This Movie Will Be Like. I like to think comic and sci-fi fans aren't the bitter sniping barrel of nerds we're made out to be, but if we're seriously going to complain to this extent about the handlebars on his fucking motorbike we'd be as well off crying into our Transformers pillows that the science in Stargate doesn't add up. You're better than this people.

Edit: I see the Lawmaster stuff has moved now so really I'm just ranting to myself like a crazy person.

SmallBlueThing

Keef, i know your hearts in the right place, but i read that rant with a great sense of unease. Just as you think that anyone disliking what they've seen needs to hold off because 'we havent seen enough', so i say 'we've read the script, seen dredd's uniform, seen the vehicles, now seen the bike, and the calibre of the 'talent' involved'. That's enough for anyone to make a pre-judgement as to whether it'll be any good or not. It may not be an accurate prejudgement, but it'll be enough for most. Ive seen more of dredd than i have of the green hornet, or the hobbit, and i already know i'll never go to see those particular movies.

Calm down. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, without being called names.

SBT

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 23 January, 2011, 10:10:17 AM
Ive seen more of dredd than i have of the green hornet, or the hobbit, and i already know i'll never go to see those particular movies.

Is that not more a matter of taste rather than how good the film is or will be?

Keef Monkey

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 23 January, 2011, 10:10:17 AM
Keef, i know your hearts in the right place, but i read that rant with a great sense of unease. Just as you think that anyone disliking what they've seen needs to hold off because 'we havent seen enough', so i say 'we've read the script, seen dredd's uniform, seen the vehicles, now seen the bike, and the calibre of the 'talent' involved'. That's enough for anyone to make a pre-judgement as to whether it'll be any good or not. It may not be an accurate prejudgement, but it'll be enough for most. Ive seen more of dredd than i have of the green hornet, or the hobbit, and i already know i'll never go to see those particular movies.

Calm down. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, without being called names.

SBT

Re-reading it I do sound like (and feel like) a dick. I just find the whole thing pretty frustrating, I'm more annoyed about the people who seem to be joining the forum just to slate it but I know that's trolling more than anything else. I'd just got up, read the posts and needed to vent. I meant it all, but could have been a hell of a lot more polite about it. I genuinely do think that the majority of the naysayers are being incredibly unfair about what is a very exciting development for Dredd and for 2000AD in general, but you're right about the tone of my post, apologies.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 23 January, 2011, 12:23:49 PM
Re-reading it I do sound like (and feel like) a dick. ... apologies.

No, no need to apologise! We've all got to be as honest about this as possible- otherwise it gives an opening for 'trolls' to come here and cause trouble. This board is singular in that most of the time people are (sometimes brutally) honest. Or honestly brutally drunk. If we can take it as read that everyone is being truthful in their reactions to these leaked shots, it gives us a much more interesting overview of what's going on. But if people are being honest, then there's no reason for anyone to slag them. It's only when cockheads like Scojo turn up that we need to resort to fisting.

I absolutely agree that DNA should have been much more on the ball with releasing properly staged promo pics of both the uniform and the lawmaster- not to mention all the other bits and bobs that have leaked. perhaps if the first shot of Dredd and the Lawmaster had been a nice front-facing three-quarters shot of the bike, with Dreddy astride it, under proper lighting conditions, we wouldn't be in the position we are now. These shots exist- every movie of this kind has these photographs done, and we'll eventually see them in the inevitable 'making of' book. You'd think with these dreadful pictures being leaked, DNA would release some, pronto.

SBT

JOE SOAP