Main Menu

Excessive force

Started by Emp, 20 November, 2010, 10:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emp

During a recent Judge Dredd RPG session the question of what is excessive force came to light.

The players were a mix of Dredd familiar and Stallone only reference.

The issue came to light when an agent of a vid star tried to hold up entry to said stars apt and had his face pushed into a wall and subsequently arrested.the shouts of excessive force were shouted down and subsequently explained.however this led to an escalation as some time later a suspect in a kidnapping was held out of a city block window by his feet by 2 Judges (to the dismay of the rest of the team who were otherwise engaged in another part of the block)

The result was that the Tac team leader had to explain the actions of his Judges to a pissed off Sector Chief and a zealous SJS officer.

My question is,given a Judges training and the conditions they work in what, in your opinion is exessive force?

LARF

I would say that excessive force is an action that is deemed to be seen as crime itself, does not follow training or procedure and is seen as unlawful I.e. Hanging the perp out of a window is not conducive towards the arrest and is not part of procedure or training, and if a judge saw a cit hanging another cit out the window then that would be perceived as a crime.

On the other hand if a cit is hysterical then a good whack in the gob shuts then up.

You need to write a book of law.