Main Menu

Twin Peaks Gold

Started by stacey, 22 November, 2010, 09:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Quote from: HdE on 23 November, 2010, 06:19:40 PM
Quote from: satchmo on 23 November, 2010, 06:24:59 AM
I'll try and dig out some photos of the Twin Peaks party we had back in the day, we had damn fine coffee and cherry pie, and everyone came dressed up as the characters.

Was there an Audrey? And if so, can we possibly arrange a reunion party for me to gatecrash?

Ah, Audrey Horne, that's a crush I've never really grown out of! Love Twin Peaks, we called one of our bands Teresa Banks in tribute to it. The missus played bass, which resulted in people referring to her mistakenly as Teresa constantly. On a rewatch I found the 2nd season has some draggy filler points in it, and it's a shame that it doesn't properly end [spoiler], although the cliffhanger can be taken as a really incredibly downbeat ending I guess![/spoiler]

Proper genius though, never seen anything like it before or since. Seem to remember there were massive rights disputes over the 2nd season which delayed the dvds, that must have been sorted.

DrJomster

You can get season 2?!? In a box set?!? For nearly a year now?!?

Thanks for starting this thread just before Christmas! Time to write to Santa (I.e. mention it to MrsJomster!)

:D
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Van Dom

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 23 November, 2010, 06:44:01 PM

Ah, Audrey Horne, that's a crush I've never really grown out of!

I was a bit of a Donna fan myself. Ahh the good old days of the S&P Parker movie catalogue, the number of framed 10x8 photos of Lara Flynn Boyle I had on my bedroom wall!!! I was even brave enough to hang one in which most of her boobs were showing!! Sometimes I miss being a teenager!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

satchmo

Quote from: HdE on 23 November, 2010, 06:19:40 PM
Quote from: satchmo on 23 November, 2010, 06:24:59 AM
I'll try and dig out some photos of the Twin Peaks party we had back in the day, we had damn fine coffee and cherry pie, and everyone came dressed up as the characters.

Was there an Audrey? And if so, can we possibly arrange a reunion party for me to gatecrash?

Alas no, there was a Shelly, a Donna and a Log Lady but no Audrey :)
I went as the awesome Jerry Horne, best costume was my mate Chas as Albert Rosenfeld. I must find those photos...

Hoagy

How many one armed men came along Satchmo, me howd? ;)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

satchmo

We couldn't lay our hands on any one armed men, dwarves, giants, horses or owls :)
If I recall (and Jebus it was a long time ago) we had Log Lady, Shelly, Donna, Sherriff Truman, Agent Cooper, Albert, Pete, Jerry Horne, Big Ed, and Deputy Andy. We drank coffee and ate doughnuts and cherry pie and we were well into season 2 before people started passing out :)

The history of TV over the last 20 years would be a lot different if it wasn't for Twin Peaks. It was unique. Me and my sister still go and see every David Lynch film at the cinema now, Inland Empire felt very Peaksy.

Still waiting for a definitive DVD of Fire Walk With Me, rights issues have scuppered that too supposedly.

satchmo

Keef Monkey

Quote from: satchmo on 24 November, 2010, 05:48:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oDuGN6K3VQ

Sniff...

One of the most beautiful pieces of music out there!

Fantomas do a mean cover of the Fire Walk With Me theme which I've always liked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajeRyuqwgVQ

uncle fester

I got dragged into Twin Peaks from the first episode. Killer Bob still gives me the shivers...

As to be expected, someone's done the whole thing in Lego...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zydZq2lVnns&feature=related

stacey

Bob was terrifying, fact! Scared teh bejesus outta me!

MIKE COLLINS

Quote from: satchmo on 24 November, 2010, 05:42:41 AM
We couldn't lay our hands on any one armed men, dwarves, giants, horses or owls :)
If I recall (and Jebus it was a long time ago) we had Log Lady, Shelly, Donna, Sherriff Truman, Agent Cooper, Albert, Pete, Jerry Horne, Big Ed, and Deputy Andy. We drank coffee and ate doughnuts and cherry pie and we were well into season 2 before people started passing out :)

The history of TV over the last 20 years would be a lot different if it wasn't for Twin Peaks. It was unique. Me and my sister still go and see every David Lynch film at the cinema now, Inland Empire felt very Peaksy.

Still waiting for a definitive DVD of Fire Walk With Me, rights issues have scuppered that too supposedly.

Yeah. I LOVED Twin Peaks, unlike anything before and influential on so much since. I bought this Region 1-- the extras are amazing. Japanese Coffee commercials which make as much sense as the series. If you watch Psyche, they're doing a tribute episode to Twin Peaks any day now, with several members of the cast back. Obviously they can't call it Twin Peaks, but it does have Woman With Wood, rather than The Log Lady so you can see where they're going..

the shutdown man

If we're going to post the music, can't leave this out (also a great scene):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0CGzPaJUOE
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

uncle fester

Indeed. I bought the soundtrack just for that.

Van Dom

The two albums Julee Cruise released are also pretty damn good. Some fantastic tracks.
There was one episode of Twin Peaks where Ben and Jerry (ha, just realised what they did there) Horne were reminiscing to when they were kids and their babysitter used to dance for them with a flashlight...used to love the piece of music that played over that, really cool tune. Had a search on youtube but cant find a link to it. Some of you will know what Im talking about though.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!