Main Menu

Questions for Keith Richardson

Started by bluemeanie, 23 November, 2010, 02:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

OK:

What is in the Cradelgrave trade? Will it be 100% hoodies and mutant births (as I think John Smith would prefer) or will there be other stories included to fatten it out a bit (there are a few John smith stories that could fit in there)?

If it is all Cradlegrave will this see the return of the under 100 page trade or is this an exception to the new trend to fatter volumes?

What was Durham Red: Isle of the Damned cancelled? Does this mean we'll also not see the Peter Hogan rebooted Red stories (that lead into the current 3 volumes) or was that never an option?

Where does the land lie on Mega City Undercover: Volume 2?

Will the Missionary Man trade collect all the stories (there are a lot, but I haven't done the sums on the page count) or is the first volume of a series? If it is one volume will it then be B&W?

It may have been asked in the previous interview but why have there been no Red Seas trades? It is clearly core to the Edgiverse and seems like important reading for fans of his work who are following the trades (in fact the Ian Edginton annotations site won't cover Red Seas because they only work from trades, I know because I asked).

Quote from: LARF on 23 November, 2010, 03:10:51 PM
Bollocks, can someone please delete that post. I am such a twat, I should read the thread properly first - can't believe I've done that.

I'm leaving it in, I want to hear his answer to it.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Grant Goggans

There are 74 episodes of Missionary Man and it would have to be on the nice paper to accommodate the color pages, so that'll probably be a two-book set.

But there is one Red Seas trade - it has the first three stories in it.  They need another volume - probably two more to bring them up to date.

Emperor

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 23 November, 2010, 06:05:31 PMBut there is one Red Seas trade - it has the first three stories in it.  They need another volume - probably two more to bring them up to date.

Indeed but they were in the sub-100 page "album" format and we have to assume sales were so poor they didn't do any more, but perhaps if they started again with a much fatter book they might do better. The Red Seas certainly benefits from a re-read, as there are developments that run across the series.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Grant Goggans

Well, there are two Red Seas books.  There was the hardback 60-odd page one that reprinted the first story, and the Rainbow Spine paperback 150-odd page one that did the first three stories.

radiator

He dealt with the Red Seas thing in the previous interview - saying that there are no plans for further books because the first volume had sold poorly. He did say there is a chance of it one day, but nothing is currently on the schedule.

BPP

suggest a red seas casefiles treatment - its B&W and would be great value for money.. see what he says...

did Mega-City undercover 2 get pulled as the last story ended on a clear 'to be continued'?

What other Foreign Language editions of the GNs exist and does he have anything to do with their preparation?

Aside from Dredd - whats the top selling thrill GN?

Every thought about a display stand for all the Dredd casefiles to increase sales? Are shops like waterstones prohibitively expensive to get such things into?

Personally i'd think a display case with 5-6 rows of those lovely designed Dredd casefiles vol 1-15 would shift alot of units with the nostalgia market who don''t see it on the shelves (don't usually look at GNs and usually all they see is the spine))

oh, and... has a doctor ever told him when he is going to die?  :D :D :D :D
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Emperor

Quote from: BPP on 24 November, 2010, 02:20:33 AMWhat other Foreign Language editions of the GNs exist and does he have anything to do with their preparation?

Good one - some titles seem like they'd go down a bomb on the Continent (Pat Mills is well know but you'd imagine Nikolai Dante would work too) but nosing around Amazon.fr gets me very little. With the Dredd movie coming out it'd seem that someone would want to pick up the license - I've got French Dredd stories in an anthology, so the translations have been done (but then again presumably the French publisher back then owns them).

JeffreyMT

I'd like to say thanks for producing such a great reprint line. Please can you ask if there are any plans for another Rogue Trooper Tales of Nu Earth volume featuring Re Gene/The Hit/Cinnabar etc. These deserved to be collected as Steve Dillon did a great job on the art and it rounds out the original Rogue series nicely.

Jeff

Pete Wells

Just remind him again about a lovely oversized covers book.

Oh, and how's about a cheap as chips 2000AD colouring book for the bairns?

Batman's Superior Cousin

A) What stories are in the following trades? - Cradlegrave, Judge Dredd: Tour of Duty - Mega City Justice & Nikolai Dante: Hero of the Revolution

B) Any plans for the following books? - Psi-Judge Anderson case files & Rogue Trooper: Tales from Nu-Earth

C) Any plan for another Shakara book featuring all (or the rest) of the stories?

D) Any more Sinister Dexter books on the horizon?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Peter Wolf

I dont have any questions right now but if someone could forward my thanks for the reprint titles that are fantastic then i would be very grateful.

Thanks.

One question though is there any chance of a Blackhawk reprint ?

[My guess is its unlikely]
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

I, Cosh

Given that the excellent 2000AD graphic novel range is almost in danger of eating itself (re-reboots/double dips of Rogue, Robo Hunter and Bad Company on the horizon; approaching the unavoidably shite era of the Case Files) how does he think it can be kept going?

By my reckoning there are now really only two major stories free of any legal issues which have never been reprinted: Blackhawk and Return to Armageddon. Any chance of either of these seeing the light of day?
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: BPP on 24 November, 2010, 02:20:33 AMsuggest a red seas casefiles treatment - its B&W and would be great value for money.. see what he says.
I think two reboots of a single series would be testing people's patience.

Swerty

Quote from: The Cosh on 24 November, 2010, 11:15:50 PM
Given that the excellent 2000AD graphic novel range is almost in danger of eating itself (re-reboots/double dips of Rogue, Robo Hunter and Bad Company on the horizon; approaching the unavoidably shite era of the Case Files) how does he think it can be kept going?

By my reckoning there are now really only two major stories free of any legal issues which have never been reprinted: Blackhawk and Return to Armageddon. Any chance of either of these seeing the light of day?

With you on all the way on Blackhawk

SmallBlueThing

After Nemesis Book 3, CaseFiles 5 etc going out of print- much to everyone's consternation, what is being done to ensure the range stays in print?

SBT