Main Menu

Millar's KaPow Comic Con London - April 9th n 10th

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 November, 2010, 11:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Zeal

Same here. I'm also pleased that the Marvel talk is on at the same time as the 2000AD panel. Hopefully most people will try and get in there, leaving plenty of spaces for me to get in to the other.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 01 April, 2011, 04:26:20 PM
Same here. I'm also pleased that the Marvel talk is on at the same time as the 2000AD panel. Hopefully most people will try and get in there, leaving plenty of spaces for me to get in to the other.

Yep my thoughts exactly

Teivion

Really?
Surely the point of these events is to increase readership- for everyone. Bunging the two talks together means that's another 500 people who aren't getting 2000AD's ThrillPower they have been sadly missing .... ::)

Glad to hear the UK are getting some movie firsts, may it long continue.

spireite68

Really looking forward to this. First time I have ever been to one. Will be at the pub Saturday night. Hopefully will be there early Saturday morning (kapow not the pub) and meet up with CF. Will see you all there hopefully.
You creeps must think I sailed through space on a synthi-biscuit!

Kev Levell

I want to go to the 2000ad panel, but I know that I'll miss it, because I'll forget. If you see me, grab me and drag me in, PLEASE!

SuperSurfer

Let's not forget to do a roll call a day or so before.

Peter Wolf

I have a weekend ticket but i will be present on Saturday only so if anyone present on Saturday who has a Saturday only ticket and would like to attend on Sunday then send a PM or ask on the day and you can have my ticket.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

El Chivo

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 02 April, 2011, 03:06:50 PM
I have a weekend ticket but i will be present on Saturday only so if anyone present on Saturday who has a Saturday only ticket and would like to attend on Sunday then send a PM or ask on the day and you can have my ticket.

Looks like i'll be doing the same so 'ditto' to PW's post

Chi

dweezil2

Has it been announced whether the Dredd movie discussion will form part of the 2000ad panel?

Or is it a seperate thing?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

This is strange!
When the initial panels were announced the 2000AD panel had the Dredd talk at the same time, with some bod from the film. Now that bit has been removed from the panel and there is no mention of Dredd what so ever!

JOE SOAP

There'll either be no presentation or they're really holding back till the day itself cos there's not even a Logo to represent the film yet. You'd think they'd advertise at least a week before the event.

COMMANDO FORCES

Here are two official quotes from the facebook discussion board that may help some people!

Quotewe have designated signing sessions, the timetable for these will be released on the website in the next few weeks. You will not need to buy tickets for these, they will be on a queue basis.

Artists will be doing sketches in Artist's Alley, it is entirely up to each artist if they charge for these. Artist's may also have time to do a quick sketch at their signings table depending on the queue.

Quotethere is a limit of five items per signing to minimise queue time and keep these moving, and also give everyone a chance to get something signed.

PLUS

QuoteOne lucky attendee will find a pair of Green Lantern Premiere tickets in their goodie bag! Will it be you?!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 April, 2011, 08:16:30 PM

Quotethere is a limit of five items per signing to minimise queue time and keep these moving, and also give everyone a chance to get something signed.

Arh thats useful to know. I spent a pleasant hour this afternoon picking out a few(ish) things to sign. Most of them are safely under 5 but I'm going to have to trim my McMahon pile, can't even get all the Cursed Earth covers done...

strontium71

Do you mean 5 items per artist/writer or 5 items all together no matter who signs it?
...because I hate you.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's gotta be 5 per artist/writer/letterer, so bring a bergan  ;)