Main Menu

RESULTS THREAD. Oct/Nov Art comp. Mix Master Mashup.

Started by Kerrin, 29 November, 2010, 11:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Well, after one of the finest turnouts in the history of the comp, (all figures masterfully compiled by the incomparable Emperor. Cheers) we ended up with an incredibly close result. Hardly surprising when you look at the quality of entries we had.

Before those results though I'd like to thank all the participants and voters again for really getting stuck into the comp, I know your efforts are much appreciated by all the other board members, (and lurkers, we know you're there. Hello!). It's been said time and time again but it wouldn't be much of a comp without you. Thanks.

Let's get to it...

In 3RD PLACE with a lovely black and white piece is...

STEVE DENTON

In 2ND is another corker from the genius (official) that is...

PROFESSOR BYAH

As is customary, we will pause briefly to honorably mention AMY, (please pass on our congratulations LARF) and MIKE CARROLL for Mr.DREDD.

And in 1ST place by the narrowest of margins is a gorgeous page of work from...

WOOLLY

Congratulations Woolly! That really is stunning, well done sir. Take a minute to bask in the adulation of your fellow Squaxx and then turn your mind to the subject of the next comp.

Thanks again to one and all, I know it's not the same without Jim but I think you've all done him proud and with a bit of luck he'll be back before we know it.

Emperor

Well done Wooly and everyone who contributed, plus Kerrin for running things.

Now, bring on the next contest!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Alski

Well done, Wooley - you were my top choice as I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes and you captured the attitude of teh fantasy strips perfectly.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

CrazyFoxMachine

Woolly, Denton, Byah outstanding - I could see you winning a mile off! Also I'm a little touched by Amy getting an HM - you soppy bunch :D

For my nominations and HMs I have nothing but infinite thanks and FREE PINTS for any that claim them ;)

Colin YNWA

Wow for the first time I think ever I didn't put the kiss of death on my top vote. More importantly well done all who entered one of the best comps I can remember and congratulations to all who placed.

As ever special thanks to Ji... I mean Kerrin for stepping into some very big shoes

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Well done, all, especially you Kerrin. Jim would be proud.

Steven Denton

Woolly was a worthy winner, his piece wouldn't look out of place in the prog. I am extremely happy to have come third. Thank you to every one who voted for me and to every one who makes this such a good thread!

I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into the new art comp whatever it may be!

mygrimmbrother

Congrats chaps, well deserved. Looking forward to the next one.

Richmond Clements

LARF

Kev Levell

Beeks

Congratulations...not just to the winners but to every artist who entered...there wasn't one entry that I thought was pants  ;)
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Darren Stephens

Blimey, to be honest those are all fantastic. A deserved win though. Hooray!  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Greg M.

As Young Mr. Grace used to say "You've all done very well."

Woolly

:o Now that i did not expect! Especially in the face of such awesome, professional competition!
Many, many thanks to all who voted. You've made my day  :)
And well, well done to all who entered this one. We're all winners in my opinion  :)

As for the next one... have we had a steampunk 2000AD competition yet? Or what about 2000ad-The Reboot! A chance to re-imagine or re-design classic characters?

I dunno.. any suggestions?