Main Menu

THE 2000AD ADVENT CALENDAR 2010!

Started by Pete Wells, 01 December, 2010, 03:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Deever

Mines late too and a bit rushed- sorry!

MERRY XMAS ALL!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

SuperSurfer

Wow. So much amazing stuff. This is as far as I got with mine. (This is not me up early, it's me up late). If you never hear from me again it's because I have been struck down by lightning for this. Merry Xmas.

Pete Wells

Amazing work guys, the Advent Calendar certainly finished on a high!

Grud bless us, everyone!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Amazing stuff and very cheering to those of us laid low by Flu!

Dog Deever's Southern Bastard's is a classic.

Merry Christmas to everyone on the forums. :D :D :D
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Kerrin

HAPPY CHRISTMAS...PARP

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Fantastic Woolly.
Looks great and may come in useful NeilFord.
Nice one, Peter. Good to see you got it finished.
Horrifyingly brilliant, flip.
Very cool, Deever.
Great to see it finished, SuperSurfer.
Good one, Kerrin.

Darren Stephens

Kerrin, I nearly choked on my malteseres at that!  :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

JayzusB.Christ

My final contribution to this calender, as it's been absolutely brilliant... In honour of all the excellent work put in by everyone, and the kind comments from everyone else:
Merry Christmas, and I'm toasting all your health(s?) with a long-held ambition, a Piston Broke! (See this for details.)

Verdict: For a turps-nudgers' drink, it's actually ok! Merrrrry ffffuggin' Chrizzmazzzz! Hic

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

johnnystress

Cheers Brian! Rocking a great xmas jumper there

JayzusB.Christ

:D
My youth has finally rolled over and died forever.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Kerrin

Whoa, yeah, nice jumper Jayzus!

That Piston Broke looks evil, FOUR measures of booze topped up with stout?! JAYZUS CHRIST!

JayzusB.Christ

Have to admit it's only about three shots and the Guinness, I pussed out by a third.

Pete Wells

Hey guys, I gotta go and vist some relatives for a coupla days. The unplugged Advent thread will be done when I get back.

Apologies, it'll be up before New Years Eve.

Dandontdare

SPOT THE THRILL - THE RESULTS!

The red-wine hangover has just about subsided enough that looking at a screen doesn't actually hurt, so here are the full results, and mighty impressive they were. I awarded quite a few half points, e.g. for spotting the Dredds but not the story.

In 8th place, notwithstanding the effects of alcohol and a noble refusal to cheat by looking anything up, was Exilewood with a still very respectable 68.5 (including a half for "The sheep thing. inspector baa something. OH FUCK. What was it called?" In 7th place, it's the Paisley Penpusher himself, Buttonman with 73.5, closely followed by Albion on 74 and Kerrin with 76

I didn't expect anyone to get more than 90% but amazingly the top four all achieved it. In fourth place and just outside the medal table is Greg M with an impressive 92. And now mounting the podium to be sprayed with champagne are.... *drum roll please*...

:geek: In third place, step forward Colin YNWA with a stunning 97.5!

:geek: Taking the silver medal (if I was actually giving out medals, which I'm not) is flip-r mk2 with a near-perfect 98.

:geek: But the winner with a mind blowing score of 99.5 out of 100, is our new King Geek
CRAVENOIR!
Even more impressive, he included the prog numbers, for which I almost awarded an extra point, but that would have made the score more than 100% which I couldn't allow! I was forced to be super pedantic and only award half a point for SOUL GUN ASSASSIN as the correct answer was SOUL GUN WARRIOR, but the rest was perfect. If Cravenior PMs me his name and address, I'll get that page of Macneil loveliness in the post to him.

If you didn't enter, I hope you enjoyed guessing for fun, and if you want to check your score the full answers are:

THE DEAD
ARMOURED GIDEON
SOONER OR LATER
ZENITH
ROGUE TROOPER
BLACKHAWK
BUTTONMAN
DANDRIDGE
JUDGE  DREDD (The Pit/Bongo War)
NECROPHIM
ASYLUM
INFERNO
STORMING HEAVEN
RETURN TO ARMAGEDDON
CABALISTICS INC.
JUNKER
ICHABOD AZRAEL & THE DEAD LEFT IN HIS WAKE
METLAZOIC
A.H.A.B.
MOON RUNNERS
PUSSYFOOT 5
FIREKIND
MACH ONE
AMPNEY CRUCIS INVESTIGATES
THE DEAD MAN
TIME HOUSE
SLAINE
TIME FLIES
GLIMMER RATS
SHAKARA
RED RAZORS
JUDGE DREDD (Mega City Rackets/perp runners)
TALES OF TELGUUTH
BRIGAND DOOM
JUDFGE DREDD (Wilderlands)
ZOMBO
BAD CITY BLUE
SINISTER DEXTER
ABC WARRIORS
THE CORPS
RO-BUSTERS
ZIPPY COURIERS
NECRONAUTS
MEDIVAC 318
BEC & KAWL
REALLY & TRULY
MEAN ARENA
LIVE LIKE BLOOD
DR & QUINCH
SLAUGHTERBOWL
TORQUEMADA THE GOD (accept NEMESIS THE WARLOCK)
VECTOR 13
STONE ISLAND
JUDGE DREDD (The Cursed Earth)
REVERE
LEVIATHAN
KINGDOM
HARRY TWENTY ON THE HIGH ROCK
ACE TRUCKING Co
DEVLIN WAUGH
WIREHEADS
NIGHT ZERO
INVASION
SYNAMMON
PROJECT OVERKILL
THE BALLAD OF HALO JONES
DINOSTY
JUDGE DREDD (Crusade)
TYRANNY REX
CRADLEGRAVE
RED FANG
SILO
BAD COMPANY
MOTHER EARTH
FINN
DAN DARE
THE CLOWN
JUDGE DREDD (Bloodline)
LOW LIFE
BRADLEY
BIG DAVE
MACH ZERO
DEAD MEAT
CHRONOS CARNIVAL
SOUL GUN WARRIOR
THE V.C.s
STRONTIUM DOG
DRY RUN
RED SEAS
VALKYRIES
MELTDOWN MAN
CANON FODDER
HEWLIGAN'S HAIRCUT
SAM SLADE, ROBOHUNTER
ANDERSON PSI
GRUDGEFATHER
BIX BARTON
NIKOLAI DANTE
MANIAC 5

Greg M.

Congratulations to the big three medal winners, and especially Cravenoir for his frankly astonishing grasp of thrill-lore. And may I lead the forum in a round of applause for Dandontdare, both for his fiendish ingenuity in coming up with such a brilliant quiz and his clear generosity in terms of prize-giving. Jolly good show all round, chaps!

(On a personal note, I am amazed I beat the 90% barrier. Assumed I would be around 80%. Bloody number 21 though... Pussyfoot 5! I might've known...)