Main Menu

The break after Prog 2011?

Started by Loaded sumo, 09 December, 2010, 05:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loaded sumo

Being a new reader, this is my first end-of-year Prog, and I'm wondering how long the break is between Prog 2011 and the standard weeklies?
I'll also add that I'm massively excited for it!
:D

Colin YNWA

3 weeks as I recall. Its a long and barren time but with care and a selection of trades for X-Mas you'll make it.

Loaded sumo

Wow, I might not make it!
I may have to pick up Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files to keep me going AND fill the gaps in my knowledge after crimbo.

Proudhuff

There is always the sales, xmas prezzies and Chrimbo money to spend on trades...if you have a local shop that is :D
DDT did a job on me

Taryn Tailz

This will be my first 3 weeks without thrill power too.  :o

Luckily Im getting Judge Dredd Tour of Duty - Backlash for my birthday on the 27th.  :D

HdE

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 09 December, 2010, 06:42:23 PM

Luckily Im getting Judge Dredd Tour of Duty - Backlash for my birthday on the 27th.  :D

That shouyld tide you over nicely. It's fantastic!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Radbacker

the only good thing about the 8 week delay for the progs in OZ means that the Xmas break is spread through the year. (usually have a new one the week after the xmas prog lands (end of Feb) then a 1 prog break then another newie for a  month then another break) the only bad thing is you never know when the break is coming.

CU Radbacker

TordelBack

It really is an endless desert of time.  I'm thinking about learning a language, or building a gazebo.  Or I might just write unending streams of drivel on internet forums.  See Tharg, SEE?  This is what your seasonal largesse has done.

I, Cosh

I sort of like it as it gives you a chance to go back and reread the most recent round of stories which you might not otherwise bother with.

Or get out and meet some girls.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 December, 2010, 11:55:09 AM

I've promised not to do that this year.

Tjm86

I sort of like it as it gives you a chance to go back and reread the most recent round of stories which you might not otherwise bother with.

Usually would but just finished the prog slog.  Thinking of starting on the megs next although Planetary is looking quite appealing.  Didn't really plan that too well.

since the wife might not look too favourably on that I think I will give it a miss.

zombemybabynow

Got last weeks this morning

Prog Dredd  was excellent

Haven't read meg yet but Dredd art looks amazing
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Ochs

Of course back in the good old days we used to get progs every week, a Christmas prog and then a New Year one. Christmas Day also meant 2000ad and Judge Dredd Annuals.

I particularly remember the year after the Apocolypse when the two progs had Night of The Radbeast as the Dredd story. Read the first at my nan's whilst half watching Saturday Superstore and getting very excited about Christmas.

Good days... good days.

God... I've turned into my Granddad.
Fear leads to doubt which leads to the worst case scenario.

SmallBlueThing

Ochs, i feel your pain. While i of course love having a gert stonking hundred pager to devour at the end of the year, i hate, loathe and despise the three weeks between it and the next one. This year at least i have some back issues of Zarjaz to eek-out, and i can always nip to the shop and buy some trades if it gets too much. But i'd really, really love it if rebellion would commission original 'graphic novels' for the xmas market- or even just pump out some old-fashioned annuals!

But really, can you imagine how great it would be to look forward to a hardback, 120 page wagner/ezquerra dredd, or a 120 page mills/ ledroit slaine, in our xmas stockings?

SBT

das

crap here in the states we just put our orders in for the year-end prog, and probably will not see it until march !

FUCK diamond, you hear me , FUCK diamond
Confusion is Better Than Sex