Main Menu

Original Art for Sale

Started by Slad, 11 January, 2011, 07:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: pauljholden on 11 January, 2011, 10:52:36 PM
Someone want to post a link to this magic far away land of ebay where these pages can be found?

Yep stick it in here and I'll move the thread to Classified to keep everything joined up.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

Wasnt there another Fink Angel piece from the same strip that was for sale or sold not so long ago ?

This may be a year or two ago but it was posted here somewhere and could be found with a bit of searching.It was being sold on Ebay and i am pretty certain it sold and it has most probably ended up in a collection on @ComicArtFans.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Slad

I know very little about the Ron Smith piece...I stopped buying 2000ad in the nineties. I am catching up with the Case Files but have not seen it yet. 

Anyone here able to tell me when it was made?
Is it from the prog or is it from an annual?

Thanks
"Just eat the frog!"

Greg M.

I think it is from 'Great Brain Robbery' by Mark Millar, which was in Progs 835 and 836. Not sure which episode it is from though (unsurprisingly, it is not one I have recently revisited. ;) )

ming

Very tasty pages, those, Slad!  Tempted to bid but realistic in my expectations of success; I expect many to be chasing pages of this quality...  Lovely, lovely stuff.

Good luck with the sale!

:)

Slad

Thanks.

Thanks for the info regarding the Ron Smith art.

Can you lot stop saying they are nice...its making it worse.
Next comment should read...."What a bag o sh*te! Good riddance to bad rubbish!"

Three Amigos has gone.
Other two still available.
"Just eat the frog!"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Slad on 12 January, 2011, 03:13:27 PM
Three Amigos has gone.

And a big thank you from me for that one!

ming

Heh, I was completely foiled in my pitiful attempt to pick up that amazing Fink page - someone with rather deep pockets obviously wanted it very much (and the Ezquerra page as well)!

Sure to have gone to a loving home (I have my suspicions) even if they never see the light of day again...

Sorry for your loss, Slad!  Hopefully you'll be able to find some suitable replacements given time (and a large wedge of cash).  Count all that lovely money in the meantime!

:)

Greg M.

Holy flamin' heck! I knew the Fink page would go for a lot, but I would never have guessed over a grand! Even the Ezquerra went for a wee bit more than I expected. Yikes. Makes me realise what a small-time art collector I am.  :)

ming

Quote from: Greg M. on 16 January, 2011, 09:44:43 PM
Holy flamin' heck! I knew the Fink page would go for a lot, but I would never have guessed over a grand! Even the Ezquerra went for a wee bit more than I expected. Yikes. Makes me realise what a small-time art collector I am.  :)

You and me both, Greg. :)  

I was half tempted to try and keep up with the bidding, but I suspect whoever went after this would not have let it get away, regardless of the cost.  

If the winner isn't who I suspect it may be, he'll be kicking himself for missing this one (if that made any sense).

Ah well, amazing pages (Fink especially) (SORRY SLAD) and obviously went to an appreciative home!

Slad

Hi,

I'm chuffed in one respect but a bit upset about the whole thing.
The prices paid simply mean that when I do sort out my finances I more than likely will never be able to afford similar pieces.

BOO!  :'( but YEH! :D and BOO! :'( again
"Just eat the frog!"