Main Menu

Rules/expected behaviour at conventions

Started by Colin Zeal, 12 January, 2011, 11:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

I think streaking is a requirement at every con.

LARF

1. Find the FutureQuake / Zarjaz stand - this is normally used as a focal point for most of us

2. Buy a lot of the above and make Dave happy

3. Ditto the above and make Rich happy

4. etc. the above and make everyone who contributes happy

5. If dave has his chinese list to hand get on it

6. Go on the above chinese

7. get ratted meet lots of like minded people draw stupid pictures (see Richmond's post)

8. Have your photo taken with prawn crackers for eyes and noodles ala Master Shi-Fu

9. Go to the pub, get ratted

10. Walk back to your hotel in the morning, forget where it is, get lost, get a kebab, find the hotel, find the bed, read comics fall asleep with the light on, wake up at 7 after two hours sleep, shower, read comics go back to bed...

11. Go to the Con with shades on smelling like a brewery, Go to the FutureQuake / Zarjaz stand and meet the rest of the brewery

Richmond Clements

LARF- you forgot

12. Do not know who Doug Bradley is.

Daveycandlish

Never approach an artist from directly in front - this spooks them

Never look one directly in the eye

Never approach one at the urinals

Buy them beer

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

locustsofdeath!

LARF

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 12 January, 2011, 08:26:26 PM
LARF- you forgot

12. Do not know who Doug Bradley is.

:lol:

You always have to remind me don't you?

Large48

SBT I always thought you just did your last point first at the Con?
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Roger Godpleton

Pick up everything on a stand to look everything and then don't buy it. If you think you can pull off a crotch scratch then go for it, but keep that shit subtle.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Colin Zeal

I've always preferred to be as brazen as possible when it comes to the crotch scratching. Look someone directly in the face as you do it as if to say "yeah, I'm doing it. What's it to do with you?"

Peter Wolf

What about asking the artist if you can get them a drink or something like that while you are waiting and while the artist cant leave their table as they are busy sketching for you ?

Just a thought.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

HOO-HAA

SmallBlueThing

Ah yes, well, back then all bets were off!
SBT