Main Menu

Stuck pixel on my LCD telly?

Started by Keef Monkey, 20 January, 2011, 07:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Hi, wonder if anyone has any tips...

During a marathon Sons of Anarchy blu-ray session today I noticed that in most shots there was a tiny white pixel in the same spot on the screen. It didn't show up in some scenes but once I'd spotted it I found it pretty impossible to ignore.

I checked online and there are a few sites saying you should press the pixel or rub it to try and reset it, but that sounds a bit dodgy to me. Surely that would just damage it more?

Anyone had a similar problem and been able to sort it? I'm sure I can learn to ignore one dodgy pixel, but it was a slightly upsetting discovery.

Noisybast

I fixed a stuck pixel on my 19" monitor by gently pressing it with the pad of my finger. I presume the same trick would work on a TV.

Or, y'know, it could make it worse...  :-\
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Keef Monkey

Well this is odd. Sat down today to another Sons of Anarchy episode and still had that white pixel...but in a different spot on the screen. Again it was only visible in some shots and when I watched another episode later it was gone completely.

Might be a longshot but I'm wondering if it might be a fault on the blu-ray transfer, or even maybe a glitch with one of the cameras used on the show?! At any rate I'm hoping I don't need to prod my telly to try and fix it, sounds dangerous.

Minkyboy

Gently rub it with some Leerdammer, that'll see you right.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

John Caliber

I've got something as annoying - if not more so - than a stuck pixel. My Philips LED TV has, ever since I purchased it, 'smudges' behind the glass. No problem until the picture changes to a white backdrop, then 2-3 faint 'storm-clouds' appear, three inches wide and one inch tall. Doesn't look like they will come off unless I dissemble the screen to have a proper look at them and I hesitate at doing that (the TV cost £1,500).
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/