Main Menu

FIRST LAWMASTER PIC FROM DREDD!

Started by Michaelvk, 21 January, 2011, 03:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarsHottentot

Unless the bike has a fair amount of screen time, I'm not sure I care too much about the bike.

Weirdly - I care very much about the Eagle Pad... I love the Eagle Pad...
"I'm Asking You...BEGGING You-My Flesh, My Blood... It's Not Too Late!  Fix It Joe! You - You And Rico - You Can Do It..." - Judge Fargo

Jared Katooie

They should have got some of these tyres for the Lawmaster.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: watto911 on 19 February, 2011, 11:40:16 AM
Quote from: judge macbrayne on 18 February, 2011, 10:11:02 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 February, 2011, 10:06:07 PM
Quote from: SneakeeX on 18 February, 2011, 09:58:13 PM

Nice find Joe...
I want one of those.  :P

That would make a great base to build the Lawmaster from.
:(

naw naw lets go for the daft looking one :-\

It'll set you back 40Grand. I love the steering on it.
That's a proper lawmaster.

Hmm I wonder if they knew about these almost Lawmaster already bikes whilst they were in the design stages. Must not have been able to stretch the budget that far.

Mardroid

Sigh. The one they have is no further from a Lawmaster than these alternatives. Certainly no worse than that one with the oddly placed wheels. Might work better if they put a big chunky thing over the front wheel connecting it with the front (that gap just looks strange to me).

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mardroid on 19 February, 2011, 11:20:22 PM
Might work better if they put a big chunky thing over the front wheel connecting it with the front (that gap just looks strange to me).

That's the point, any bike they use would be modified -like the ones they're using- and no bike would be left unmodified, but the steering on the Travertson V-rex looks like it could accomodate a wider wheel. This bike also has a better seating position and longer length which makes it different from the others but it'd be expensive and it's too late so it's all academic now.

clavell

Hi.

I remember, a couple years ago, when the first teaser images of The Dark Knight were "leaked" online. It was the bat-pod. With batman on it. And I thought, "That might look a bit silly in the film..." Then the trailer was released. And it didn't look silly. It looked awesome. It was more awesome in the final film. And I thought, "When I first saw that in the leaked picture, I thought it might look a bit silly. But it's not. It's awesome." And the moral of the story is, don't judge the bike (snigger) until we've seen it as it's intended to be seen.
That is all.

- C
Writing Future Shocks is hard !

MarsHottentot

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 19 February, 2011, 09:16:52 PM
They should have got some of these tyres for the Lawmaster.

This made me very happy - thanks!
"I'm Asking You...BEGGING You-My Flesh, My Blood... It's Not Too Late!  Fix It Joe! You - You And Rico - You Can Do It..." - Judge Fargo

Michaelvk

How stupid would you look falling over at the lights with that?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

John Caliber

If you're riding something like that, would YOU stop at red lights?  ;)
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

junox

this is  my next door neighbour.. he's about 59 years old.... He spent a week in his garage with some balsa wood and black and red paint and came up with this bike... Cost him £24-50 in total for everything
surely , the  real dredd movie isnt  doing the same ...... is it ??
Quote from: Mike Carroll on 21 January, 2011, 04:17:20 PM
Enhanced the contrast and doubled the size of the pic... This is our first decent look at the Judges' uniform!

spacemanspliff

Personally i don't know why they did'nt go to custom choppers for the lawmasters as i'm sure they'd get something better looking than this? but then again we hav'nt seen it used in the context of the film or as it's meant to be seen (at night) i'm holding judgement till opening morning:)
"...my android replica is playing up again,it's no joke when she moans she call's another's name,but that's the spirit of the age..."

mogzilla

bumpity bump!

has there been no new official look at the lawmaster yet or has empire bagged that too for a later date?

Glenn Broadway

Whilst reading about the all electric DeLorean on the Fox News website I came across this electric Tron bike. Perhaps these guys should have been asked to build the Lawmaster?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/10/08/tron-inspired-lightcycle-hits-road/?intcmp=related

COMMANDO FORCES

They should have had the blokes from American Chopper make it, seeing as it is just a futuristic Hog!

If I had the money that's where I would have went for a couple of the beasts  ;)

Mardroid

Quote from: Glenn Broadway on 19 October, 2011, 10:28:03 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/10/08/tron-inspired-lightcycle-hits-road/?intcmp=related

That was interesting. Despite what they say in that article, the guy riding in the bike looked kind of precarious though, as if it were kinda- unwieldy. That might just be because he wasn't used to sitting in that position.