Main Menu

Superbowl primer, anyone?

Started by Roger Godpleton, 05 February, 2011, 12:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

I'm supposed to hate the Steelers, right?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

uncle fester

Oh yes. Hate them with a passion. Their Quarterback is someone who has very good lawyers that gave helped him escape being charged with rape. And yet he's perceived as a hero.

The rest of the team are just dirty.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Emp

I,ve supported the "team" since the 80's.......not religiously of course,but when American footy first hit C4 the Steelers were the team i opted for and they were shite for many years.

As for a rapist player.... always thought all jocks had those sort of skeletons hidden away.

As i said always supprted the team not an individual.
If he is a rapist then with any luck someone will inflict upon him an injury that takes him from the game and the public eye. Its all we can hope for until a Dredd law is passed ensuring those in the public eye get handed stiffer sentences.

uncle fester

Yeah they couldn't buy a win when the game was broadcast over here but they've improved since.

The bitter taste for most folks is the way in which they've gone about their business since.

There's a whole extra can of worms as regards the referees behaviour in Superbowl 40 in 2006. Allegations of bias even led to the referees admitting 'indescrepancies'... The steelers won that one, in case you couldn't guess...

Emp

I'll take it....normally i couldn't win an arguement :)

Radbacker

I'm going for the Transformers trailer over the Kungfu Panda one.

Ci Radbacker

Buddy

Grant Goggans

Former Bulldog Hines Ward plays, and plays really well, for the Steelers, so I hope he does well, and the Packers came to Atlanta and just embarrassed us in our house in the second round of the playoffs so I suppose I should hate them, but really, this is the battle of who can care less for me.  I'm looking forward to the Captain America trailer, and the half-dressed hotties promised on the episode of Glee afterward should be something worth looking forward to.  I suppose we'll get a pizza or something.

TordelBack

While the Radiators are obviously favourites, this ape's going with the Old Town Rats.  Dave knows.

Kerrin

Gotta be the Packers. Not only because their name is funnier but the fans are known as Cheeseheads and wear cheese...on their heads.

KER-RAYZ-EEE.

locustsofdeath!

Ah, it's a blast to read British (besides Mr. Goggins) American Football banter  :lol:.

Easy rule for the NFL: Hate the Dallass Cowboys.

Kerrin

Another reason to support the Packers is that they have a linebacker called Frank...

Thanks to Rob Williams via Twitter for that little gem.

W. R. Logan

I'm on a nightshift Sunday and if the French guy even looks like he's going for the remote then there'll be a fight.