Main Menu

Sovtastic Awesomeness

Started by Art, 16 February, 2011, 12:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

von Boom

Some great artwork there. I have a soft spot for the old Soviet posters and such. They had some great styling.

JvB

Art

Emperor

Communications Lines Of The Past Century

QuoteThe Tropospheric Radio Relay network called Sever (North) is a former Soviet system of communications lines the purpose of which was to provide connection between remote parts of the country. The line is 13 200 km long and consists of 46 Tropospheric Radio Relay Stations (TRRS) located mainly along the coast of the Northern and Pacific Ocean and largest Siberian rivers.

It is like the bones of a crashed starship.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Art

Trout

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Emperor

Frank

QuoteThe monument's impressive dome was originally covered with thirty tones of copper

My local council can't stop people nicking drain covers, so the decision to abandon such a quantity of a valuable commodity (up the side of a desolate mountain) probably means the Bulgarian telecoms industry's been enjoying an over-supply of copper wire lately.

Those images enjoy the same cruel pathos as Ozymandias or Brigitte Bardot's ruined face:

Art

Art

Emperor

Proudhuff

Quote from: Art on 20 May, 2012, 06:06:29 PM
Secret Soviet Cities
http://bldgblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/secret-soviet-cities.html

'Perhaps it goes without saying, but the idea of medical researchers helicoptering into the ruins of a formerly secret city in order to locate medical samples of fatally irradiated mutant animals is a pretty incredible premise for a future film'.

In my mind its already made!
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me